4 - Feel The Universe

5 - God Is God

6 - Conga Fury

7 - Komit

8 - Pistolero

9 - Hule Lam

10- Masters of the Universe

11- Hotaka

They certainly chose their best stuff, these are EXACTLY all my favorite Juno tracks! :D

Guest Bugbread

Hmm...Anyone know when Hotaka was written? The last time Juno played in Japan they played at the Hotaka Mountain rave. Wondering if it was written FOR the show or written BECAUSE of the show.

Guest Jikkenteki

Hotaka is I believe their newest track which was recorded with a taiko group (taiko=Japanese traditional drumming, ala Kodo). If I recall correctly Ben Watkins has set up shop in Japan to record the new album as well.

Guest goa tacks

Hotaka is played with Japanese Drum (Taiko Group)

Gocoo (Yes one of the best live performance drum group in Japan!!!)

They will play this year's Hotaka Festival again, with Japanese fireworks!!!

I just cant wait to go there!!

Hotaka is such a amazing track, you won't dissapoint this track, it is even harder track than Master of the Universe.

Enjoy

Love From Japan

hmm... nice comp, but really, i've got most of the tracks :(( tis going to be hard to fork out for this just for Hotaka... would have like a disc of remixes or unreleased tracks.... especially with the track feel the universe, koxbox rocked that track hard :)

Guest bugbread

Ah, I saw Gocoo live at a free show two years ago, and was pretty impressed. Hopefully if Juno sets up shop in Japan, they'll produce something more authentically Japanese than that horrible, horrible melody line in Samurai...It'd be a great tune if it weren't for that bit that sounds like it was taken from an old Nintendo game parodying a kung fu movie making fun of a 1940's Looney Toons cartoon.

By the way, the lyrics to Samurai are rather nice:

You are the Sun

You are light

You are love that controls the night

You are my support

You give me strength

You protect me

You are beautiful

Makes a nice change from the standard "The universe twists you around like a rollercoaster on an LSD pretzel" stuff in most psy songs.

Guest Jikkenteki

I always thought that Juno Reactor more than made up for the embarrasement of "Samurai" with "Kaguya Hime" on Bible of Dreams. At least Japanese DJs will willing play that one. Anywho, anyone have a clue when "Hotaka" will be released to the rest of the world??? God I need to graduate and get back to Japan, life in the US is killing me (musically and otherwise).

Guest bugbread

Jikkenteki: Good call on Kaguyahime.

By the way, rumour has it that there may be no Solstice summer party next year. Authorities cracking down and all...I can't really blame them, though, I *LIKE* psy and even *I* felt that it was just a big drug party. God forbid how it must look to a normal person.

"Uh, Taro, why are half the people pawing at the air while the other half have their eyes rolled back into their head?"

More lyric translations (for Kaguya Hime this time)

Princess Kaguya

Born from bamboo

Princess Kaguya

She has to return to the moon

(Makes sense if you know the story of Kaguya Hime)

Awesome! Thanks for the translation, bugbread. That's one of my favorite all-time psy tracks and I've always wondered what was being said in the samples. Those build-ups, layers of percussion, whooshes and crashes are so damn intense! :)

• 2 weeks later...