The top five.

dunqn

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are though a lot of people that still enjoy his music, and i guess he enjoys it as well. So i don't see a problem here. Till he turns totally pathetic like AP with their "Pop-stars" collaborations i don't think we have a problem.

518648[/snapback]

I enjoy my 60s King Crimson records to no end, but if I were to go see King Crimson in concert, I would not expect them to play the same style as the In the Court of the Crimson King. Or at least, if they did, it would be played on instruments with emotional input instead of having a non-improvisational computer live.

I can go to a Tchaikovsky concert and have everything arranged exactly as it has been for decades, but there would always be what the musicians in the orchestra put in, because they are putting in something personal.

In electronica, I need an element of originality and improvisation in the music for it to remain interesting, or to hear music I have not heard before for it to remain interesting.