Good Synthesizer from 300-700

I'm looking for a synth along the lines of Korg, or Moog, or another trusted electronic music brand. I have a good price range to work with for what I'm looking for. Does anyone know a good synth in the range of $400-$700, that would do good for a prospective psy goa artist. I've looked at a few already

-Korg XD5 51-Key

-MicroKorg Synth/Vocoder

-Korg MS-2000B, Analog modeling synth

I'd just like some specific synths, names of brands, anything would help. Thanks

I second the suggestion of getting a nordleadsince its a simple synthesizer to use and thus good for an aspiring artist. Alternatively the access virus b is also available used at a decent price. Also check out ebay for a jp8000. Great synth, wish i had one myself :-D

These synthesizers are widely used for all kinds of trance. Some people claim they are overused. It is my opinion however that it isnt the synths themselves that result in the generic music coming out but how people use them in their compositions. Hope this info is usefull. Good luck in your search :)

I second the suggestion of getting a nordleadsince its a simple synthesizer to use and thus good for an aspiring artist. Alternatively the access virus b is also available used at a decent price. Also check out ebay for a jp8000. Great synth, wish i had one myself :-D

These synthesizers are widely used for all kinds of trance. Some people claim they are overused. It is my opinion however that it isnt the synths themselves that result in the generic music coming out but how people use them in their compositions. Hope this info is usefull. Good luck in your search :)

501385[/snapback]

nord modular

Definately Nord modular and nordlead 2x but its above your price limit.. Within your price limit I suggest you take a look at Novation x-station or alternatively a used Novation a-station which sounds fantastic. It's not in production any more but can be bought really cheap used. Personally i don't like Korg's sound too much...