Cubase,Logic,Cakewalk,Nuendo,Ntrack or ProTools...

Which one piece is great for music creation and why ?

Comment

497450[/snapback]

My sister is studying sound engineering, and she is using most of those softwares. She rates Protools and Logic is the best. Protools is pretty much the industry standard, but then again, others say Logic is better. Its a toss-up between the two i would say (although i think they are by far, the most expensive packages)

i would probably agree that protools is the 'best' for its actual sound and capabilities however - you ask any producer and they will swear by their software/hardware. this is because thats what they are most comfortable using. i use cubase sx2 and have been using the cubase range for years. I know for a fact its not the 'best' out there but its what i know!!!! Im friends with a guy who works for steinberg and he basically showcases to big producers their new software - he tells me the people who use cubase and its as long as the ones who dont -

i even know people who use reason and make and release sick sick dnb tunes -

like i said, its all to do with comfort - regardless of the slight differences between the programs

hope thats helpful - if you go for cubase or protools get in touch and i can reccommend some vsti's

J

Ov3rdos3 - thanks you, man. Very very sympatic picture at nickname Yes

People I know are using Cubase

497742[/snapback]

As mentioned above though, It does matter, whatever you feel most comfortable using. You can make sick shit with cubase and reason as well, its just which works best for you, and wether or not you are going to be using hardware as well. If you are going to be using hardware, protools would probably be your best choice as its designed to really be used with hardware.

Ov3rdos3 - thanks you, man. Very very sympatic picture at nickname Yes

People I know are using Cubase

j-level - can you recommend some ?

497742[/snapback]

for sure!

my perosnal favess are

z3ta - awesome synth - massive sound building capabilities and really good for bass and lead sounds. Has 6 occilators that you can use and just sounds really clean and punchy

novation v-station - another good lead synth, good trancy sounds

imposcar - good lead and bass synth, quite new and not hugely versitile but ver good nonetheless

spectrasonics atmosphere - awesome atmospheric synth with a massive massive sound bank allowing up to a million sound possibilities, ads great depth to any track

absynth 3 - like nothing you have ever heard before - probably the most difficult synth i have ever worked with as it is so intricat and the sound is unique - the only synth of this power that you can load your own samples into

quadfromage - great filter, really crunchy and spacey very very versitile

camelphat - another good filter, but its much dirtyer

waves 4 plugins - everything you need from reverb to delay to compressors to pitch - is a very good package of industry standard effects

thats all i got for ya right now off the top of my head.......

hope thats helped - anything else you want just ask :)

J

personally I use Cubase. before I was on Reason. but a few hours on Cubase got me sold!

works for me :)

and these are my favourite plugins:

Z3ta

ReFX Beast

Audiorealism Bassline

Vanguard

Xphrase

but at the end of the day Hardware is teh best, chaps! You can use any sequencer you like to arrange and order your sounds. But the main thing is creating those sounds And nothing beats hardware for this. :)

Thanks you, guys

I asked my friends

cubase sx is 'standard' creation music software.

ProTools is standard for studios recording of live bands, projects and for creation of sounds for video and film. often used in studios, where sound mix often ''makes'' also mix (Neve, SSL, Soundcraft...) and many hw compressors, eqs, reverbs,... plugins also.

Friend says, that Logic is by him great for sounds for electro music, has good connection properties between virtual studio, you have to set all, something litlle bit diferrent..jako zvuk fakt kotel!

cakewalk + sonar primarly are as protools for recording.

well, but im litlle bit confused of it ;) better to make next track