finish psytrance???

whats this stuff about "finish psytrance" i hear people talking about recently. Please explain guys, and give some examples.

Guest dam10n

check out anything on exogenic (haltya's forest flavour in particular) it's wibbly mental jazz-tinged stuff a bit like Demon Tea.

Guest sudhir

it doesnt mean you have to like if it belongs to you country...i live in spain and i hate the traditional music anyways finnish psy rocks

Guest bugbread

Haltya and Pelinpala are also my favorites, but Texas Faggott also produces good stuff (a bit uneven, though, with some great tracks and some terrible stuff).

As for what it sounds like: Imagine Midimiliz or any Iboga record. Now imagine the exact opposite: that's Finnish psy. Lots and lots and lots of sounds, and, importantly, silliness. No posturing or trying to be cool. If you don't like Finnish trance, well, then it probably gives you a headache, but if you like it, you don't just dance to it, you smile and laugh to it too. Silly samples and sound effects, sudden tempo and melodic changes, and lots and lots of layers.

(Going to a Finnish-trance-themed outdoor psy party this weekend, and I can't wait ^_^ )

Guest mmm...

"Going to a Finnish-trance-themed outdoor psy party this weekend, and I can't wait ^_^ "

Oh! Where is that?-) In Japan???

We´re just about to organize a party with some psy and ambient too, somewhere near here...

Psytrance is finished? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo..............

Finnish trance is pretty wacky!! When I hear a new track I can kind of tell if it came from there, although this is getting harder because artists everywhere are starting to catch on to this style :-D

Haltya and Texas Faggot are probably my faves from that region.

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

most inSANE music.... those finns are great :)

The best was Texas Faggott's album on Psy-Harmonix... wicked, twisted

psy-funk.

But I also love Flouro Fantasy, Pelinpala, Kiwa, and O-Men...

Whatever happened to O-men?

Guest bugbread

mmm... : Yep, in Japan. A psy DJ here (Sharaku) from way back before psy was popular went to Finland for 3 or 4 months and just got back. He did some recordings with Texas Faggott and a few other artists and the party is going to the debut for these joint ventures. The same organizer is bringing 5 or 6 groups over in October for a small party at an outdoor spa. If things go well, it looks like I may have found a new favorite party organizer ^_^

oh.. ok now i understand, thankx guys for the info. In that case i know this style then as i saw texas faggot live, at a psy-harmonics outdoor party last year. This style is defintely not for me then, way too insane and twisted.

Guest Fluffy elf

Finnish psy trance, is very experimental. I played a party out in the forest near helsinki about a month ago. The other djs were playing some very strange stuff, we came on (from England) and gave them a dose of our muisc. It went off!

Finland is fun

Guest spaceRR

Personally i think the experiment attitude is one mainly driving forces at these heights here'n'hellsinki.

Nice turist pictures timo. I envy you because you travel so much. gather them experiences and moods. Thank you for the nice vibes at k-neisto turkish sauna.

I have been enjoying Antiscarp records's new network distributed compilation Totally Antiscarped. It has some very nice tunes. The compilation has some tones and ridms, even some living creature voices that resonate amazingly with my universum at this point of now. If you want a bite of them mpE's get your tingly fingers on the surfboard and point the machine to www.antiscarp.tk , klik links and there's a link to Antiscarp Network Label. I SAY: superior frequenzys.

Guest bugbread

Timo:

I went to the DAT Mafia party, by the way. Amazingly excellent song selection. I look forward to seeing you play live in October. It will be mighty cold at night, but for someone from your part of the world it should be no problem.

(Plus, there's an outdoor hot spring that we can enter whenever we want)