03. 06'48" Hydrophonix

04. 07'53" Palpitations

05. 07'15" Metal Birds

06. 06'17" Tuxutat

07. 06'43" Cheddar Gorgeous

08. 06'48" 7 Zark 7

09. 06'00" Califrae

IT'S SO FAST.

Boo Meringue ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBRYoiHE8Dk )

Starts the album off with a somewhat un-orthodox sounding goa-trance track that gets a little faster as the track evolves. A lot of acid emerging at the end. Gives a sweet old school flavour to it. Awkward ending though, there's like a 2 second outro.. Fun track though.

Drain Brain

Drain Brain finally gives our first taste of what this album really has to offer. Starts the track with a hard-trance style intro with a bit of Ra/Dimension5 sound to it. This is just far more faster what Ra/D5 usually do. 2:15 brings us the oh so typical acid layers. 3:00 gives us a breakpoint and at 3:17 we get a sample from star trek 'resistance is futile' from where on the track really kicks it off. We're traveling at the speed of light already. 4:07 and a key change arrives. Fast tempo'd fx spiraling and echoing all over the place. 4:56 takes us back to the speed of light. 5:20 the acid layers re-emerge. 5:42 another key change, bird-esque acid everywhere, revving sound, the spiraling fx from before arrives. 6:30 and it's another lift-off. 6:51 breakpoint - preparing for the final climax - 7:26 breakpoint. 7:40 and we're at the peak of the track and it's fast. After that we get a somewhat akward fx outro. All in all this track is simply great.

Hydrophonix

This track, once again, sounds like it was made by Dimension5 at times. The sounds and melodies are so Dimension5, but a lot faster, with hard-trance elements in between. It really makes me wonder if someone from D5 was actually making this heh.

Tuxutat/Palpitations

Hard-trance, no question about it. Tuxutat is a tad darker than the others, still traveling at the speed of light. I love how psychedelic it can sound though. It's everywhere and some of the melodies can be quite twisted.

7 Zark 7

Acid flavoured bassline, kick comes and combines it with that bassline, we get our hihats and so on. 1:11 we get a little cheesy sounding very typical acid sounds from hard-trance. it's even more emphasized with the sounds of 1:40. 2.00 oh god is that? Oh yeah it is! "Wo-wo-wooh" sample. This is, again, definitely more in line with hard-trance, discogs you weren't wrong! This track evolves nicely, gets a little bit faster after every break all coming towards the climax at 5:13 SHIIIIIII FASTEEER!!! This track is so kickass, albeit a bit cheesy for you goa-extremists. Gotta love that constant pure acid though, eh. : p

Metal Birds

Cheddar Gorgeous

Califrae

These tracks sound slower than the others, but are still quite fast for being the 'downtempo' tracks. The melodies are more happier and uplifting, yet aren't too cheesy honestly. Cheddar Gorgeous is a somewhat of an exception though as it sounds like the melodies and some fx are made with an 8-bit machine. Cheddar Gorgeous is also the good track out of these, well made and really nothing to complain about. Metal Birds is probably my least favourite, I just feel like skipping the next button everytime it comes up. Also, califrae is pretty much on the same lines with Metal Birds. I feel like these 2 tracks don't even really belong on this album. They're just slow and sound way different from the others.

I never knew something like this could even exist in the partial-goa-territory! These tracks are ULTRA fast - Warp speed fast. I can definitely see why this was was tagged as trance/hard trance on discogs, but the goatrance influence is big enough in my opinion to call this a goa-flavoured release(Esp. Drain Brain). Elements from goatrance are here, yet so are hard-trance elements. This release holds some very serious parts yet it can't avoid to be cheesy sounding at a lot of times. This is a mix of both. Enough of pigeonholing though - The thing that really matters is that this is some crazy fast dance music from the 90's. Boo Meringue, Drain brain, Palpitations, 7 Zark 7 are the highlight of this album, definitely. One universal problem I find with this release is that the literal sound quality can be quite bad(Drain Brain, what a shame it sounds like it does.).

This album is for those who like when artists travel to another genres with goa or just are open minded when it comes to dance music. Not so much for those who solely listen to goatrance, or psytrance respectively.

Discogs

http://www.discogs.c.../release/151050

Labels old site Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.magickeye.com/