Oforia - Delirious

Anoebis

While I find Ofer's '97 "Multimoods" album, under the name Tandu, to be one of the top 5 releases to ever come out of Israel, and his album under the Pigs In Space alias to be a highly energetic, driving and pumping piece of music, "Delirious" goes nowhere. Yeah it's uplifting, yeah the kicks are hard as stone, but it's all stuff that has been pulled off a thousand time better. In addition to that, I don't find the style enhancing enough to keep you interested on a full album scale. The tracks all sound the same, they all use the same sounds, effects and tricks- but that's not the main problem. What really pokes my eardrum here is that Ofer's style is not good and manifold enough to last the whole nine tracks... It is all on one, same plateau, and despite constant attempts and their accompanying what-nots to keep the album at peek level non stop, it does get annoying!

BUT, when it works, and when it really all comes together, the results are awesome. Just check the undeniable force of Uplifter!!!! The title tells it all: this is a track Oforia would have wanted to reproduce nine times and make an album out of it. Why Not On Mars? comes in close, with a slew of cool melodies throughout, and yeah, I find Outer Conception kind of cool as well. I'm really digging the kick on that one. And those melodies kicking in at around four minutes are crazy too :) All in all, I don't consider it a classic or essential release. If you wanna know what the hype is about Ofer Dikovsky, run for the Tandu album, or his Pigs In Space project. I give this a 6/10 for its energy, but that's more or less all it has to offer...

• 2 weeks later...

This is not as good as tandu or pigs in space anyway there are really great tracks here and he managed to maintain the groove and thickness of pigs in space.

I adore his style, so thick, trippy and powerfull...what i like in goa is the trippyness and serious melodies that can be made...that feeling that something really important is about to happen :lol: and ofer can achieve that perfectly, in this album maximizer is the example.After etnica/pleiadians, Dimension 5 and astral projection, ofer dikovsky is one of the best in the genre.

Highlights:

Maximizer

Cream

Uplifter

Delirious