Best production

Which trance artists/groups do you concider having the best production for their tracks? I'd like to have a few good examples from different genres of trance and ambient. (Which means everything from melodic, minimal/progressive to ambient/down tempo.)

Guest --==MileS==--

The unfortunate Blueroom label had imo the releases with the best production...Crystal clear sound but still dirty...Shame that they don't do Psy anymore...

Guest Protex Midget

Iboga and Digital Structures have great sound production, with artists like:

Reefer Decree

Beat Bizarre

Son Kite

Ticon

Other artists with good production:

Alegria

X-dream

Atmos

Amphasis

Guest Mike D

The early releases from Flying Rhino were amazing!! Compared to the sound quality of most other lables around at that times, they wiped the florr clean with them!

3D Vision has excellent sound quality and BNE/YoYo are bringin it up to good quality. Son Kite and the associated label are excellent, Wizzy Noise's new album and the label Candyflip seem to be pretty high. Astral Projection's stuff seems to be up there. Alchemy Records is excellent. Not so sure about Twisted Records, I have never LOVED their sound anyway, except for Shpongle, so I never found them to be of good quliaty music. Dragonfly Records has always been pretty good. I think most the lables being born now and the big ones from the past have the highest standard of osund quality, but back in the old days, with technology and undertsanding being quite young it is unfair to compare say traxx made in '90-'98 with tracks made today!!

Guest Dj Blade-Runner

For sure Simon has a fantastic sound.

Logic Bomb deserves a mention in amazing production!!!

Not sure about 3D Vision though, sometimes i find it hard to hear though all those "full-on dirty noises", and they don't really seem to have progressed much over the years.

For artists with the highest production levels combined with releases in "melodic, minimal/progressive & ambient/down tempo" tracks then i have to say the nu-wave Israeli sounds from;

Astrix,

Cosma,

Psysex,

Panik,

& Psycraft,

not to mention the likes of;

Space Cat,

Oforia,

& Infected.

They all have an amazing "kick ass" crystal clear production, yet they have the pure talent and "open minds" to freely cross over to other styles.

crystal clear productions...

cosma - simplicity "(this will blow you away)

human blue- electric roundabout

beat bizzare album

son kite - perspectives of

charasmatix - soma agents,..

'

on the flip side, we have

aerodance - some more sun

electric universe - unify..

i think both those could have had better production/./

Guest hoffy

I kind of like how fucked up the pleidians sounds is- when i first heard family of light i couldn't tell if it was intentional or not!... same with neuromotor, some of his early tracks are rough in terms of production. I love it, its probably just a punk hangover from listening to too much black flag, but still....

Anyway, i've got to say the best production i've heard is Koxbox- the great unknown, and a tonne of stuff by logic bomb. Can't go past THE DELTA either- Thing sounds unbelievable on a good system. Tristan is also amazing, but i'm judging that solely on Audiodrome- Years old now but that record still blows my mind. Also ATMOS, Element and Shakta.

to name just a few:

infected mushroom has one of the greatest trance production i think.

i'd say also dado (synthetic) but i don't really appreciate his style.

also, christof from absolum.

love and light.

Guest wabba

The new Bamboo Forest track Random Future has the fattest production I heard this year. It's clear, it's fat and even better than their previous releases.

And Saikopod - futures and options album would be difficult to top!

Guest Slidingtrancer

Psycraft, Absolum, Saikopod, The Delta, Cosma-Simplicity, Infected Mushroom- BP empire, Shpongle- Tales of the Inexpressible ( which even tops the previous one of mr. Posford in my view), Logic Bomb ( only the last album), Space Cat, Psysex, Deviant Electronics- Blunt Instruments.

There' soooooo much earcandy around :(

THIS BRINGS UP SOMETHING I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT FOR A LOOONG TIME:

All my favorite psy/chill-out CDs almost seem like advertisements for AUDIO itself. Or like advertisements for a stereo, or technology in general or something.... Anybody else ever get that feeling?

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

If not you don't yet own a Shpongle album, and should purchase one immediately ;-)

Guest helium

Koxbox- Dragon Tales is amazing- every sound so distinct and 3D- fabulous!

Shakta and Psysex do this well too, making the sounds very distinct and such...

Hux Flux for the phattest sound panning of all- tracks like Nemo and Caluclous make my head hum on headphones!

I'm impressed with the "spacious" sound the Psycraft album has- on headphones is so good like that..

Guest PsiLoCyBe

Any Simon Posford production is great !! Clear and "polished" to perfection !! He is indeed one of the most talented producers in this genre ... I can't say that ALL his music is apealing but his engineering/production skills are radically distinctive and without equal.

Others must clude (and this doesn't mean I necessarily enjoy all their music - some I do and others I don't)

Fractal Glider

Dark Soho

Tim Shuldt

Astral Projection

Infected Mushroom

MFG

GMS

and more ...

I wish the production quality on Shlabba was better - the ideas are there (sometimes far to disturbing, cluttered and thick or muddy) but Schlabba lacks a clear well produced sound ... unless they tried sounding muddy ... Schlabba 4 is an improvement on the others concerning sound (production) though.

Guest Bahamut

shpongle

juno reactor

human blue

I even like man with no name, sounds not too good but I like that... very distinct, full sound