Dimension 5 - Trance express (D5, 1995)

Manuser

Dimension 5 - Trance express - D5 - 1995

Format: 12"

Posted Image

A - Trance Xpress (9:26) Sample

B1 - Trancefix (9:28) Sample

B2 - Cranial Meltdown (8.08) Sample

Very oldschool trance from one of the best goa trance producers ever in my opinion; this 12" was released before their 2 great albums, Transdimensional and Second phaze.

The first track, "Trance express", tries to entrance you, it really reminds old trance music by its structure. It is repetitive though there is a kind of progression in the track. The rhythm is old and simple, with a delay on the kickdrum, the background is really melodic but there is no distinctive long melodies in it. This is a bit too long in my opinion. Decent track.

2nd track, "Trancefix", follows the same formula, dry rhythm, dry snares, the track sounds even more repetitive than the first one. It contains some acidish trance lines and a basic sound that repeats and repeats itself through the whole track. Some people could find this track annoying, again it sounds really old, but the atmosphere is happy and optimistic. Ok track.

3rd track, "Cranial Meltdown", is slower than the 2 previous ones. The melodies are longer but boring, and there is an omnipresent trance sound that makes the track annoying. The whole track really let me cold, I don't recognize Dimension 5 in this track. Disappointing.

To conclude, yes it is Dimension 5, but the tracks can surprise by their oldsounding, their simplicity, their poverty. There is a lack of "liquid" sounds, the poor rhythms and lack of powerful basslines make the tracks pretty dull. The two first tracks are Ok, while the last one sounds uninteresting. It didn't let presage such an amazing album 2 years after, Transdimensional, except maybe the first track which is the best among the three in my opinion.

...nevertheless, I guess that is a precious 12" for any goa collectors.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Man, you are very but very lucky! :D:D Where have you found and bought this rare vinyl ? No doubt, this is a collector piece!

I have listened the samples and you're right, it sounds very old. I want to say that it was the "first phaze" of dimension 5, a poor material and not so original. Since this vinyl, the style of the blue moon collective has made some evolutions ... It's hard to find some "limitless dimension" track's elements in the old "cranial meltown" tune. :blink::blink:

• 8 months later...