Zoo-B (USTA Records)

ProSect

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

i was more thinking about the exploitation of young artists :)

Lish was cool enough. the rest was hmmm in my opinion ok but avaerage.

419376[/snapback]

in this same category, let's add Spliff rec managed by Safi Connection (Mishel Biton), just to avoid young artists to be fooled B)

Guest Elysium

in this same category, let's add Spliff rec managed by Safi Connection (Mishel Biton), just to avoid young artists to be fooled    B)

419399[/snapback]

yes I saw that. I was amazed. I seriously think the scene could use a online "Black Book" with lists of all the sharks. It does not really matter if it's labels, promoters, artists, dj's ect. But people should indeed be warned so those "rotten apples" can be taken out of business.

i don't know about who Zoo-B is or what he did.

but still, owning a label means you have a purpose with it. making money, releasing music, organising parties, etc. talking shit about the scene is talking shit about your audience, about your collaborators, about your customers. it's like you're saying:

"hey, come buy our music, attend our parties, we're part of the psy scene and love it, and would like to be in the scene forever. oh, on a second thought .. don't buy our music, don't come to our parties, the scene totally sucks, you all suck."

yes I saw that. I was amazed. I seriously think the scene could use a online "Black Book" with lists of all the sharks. It does not really matter if it's labels, promoters, artists, dj's ect.  But people should indeed be warned so those "rotten apples" can be taken out of business.

419407[/snapback]

I concur

Guest The Journey Man Project

Intersting stuff, and it still go's on all the time, the politics here in Melbourne alone by the 3 big promoters/labels is mind boggling (Earthcore/Gree Ant/Tribedelic)... and I've heard many stories about poached contracts and unpaid debts... it kinda scares you away from wanting to be a part of it.... instead of all the negative crap tho... Elysisum, can you tell us some positive experiences? Not just in Israel, but maybe recenlty and maybe alist of labels you think are trustworthy right now for young up and commers to consider sending demo's to?

I just think it is so hard to get something released if you are new, all the quality releases only stick to the big names, and the new names have little choice but to sign up with shitty labels like USTA and Com.Pact...

yes I saw that. I was amazed. I seriously think the scene could use a online "Black Book" with lists of all the sharks. It does not really matter if it's labels, promoters, artists, dj's ect.  But people should indeed be warned so those "rotten apples" can be taken out of business.

419407[/snapback]

NP: Sorry that I go off topic here....

"Don't trust your friend report him" (Brazil)

Don't get me wrong, I know you have good intentions, but results with a "Black Book" would be just horrible. A place where everybody could and would post bad things about anybody doesn't matter whether things are true or not. Ok you could make this a closed thing only for all people involved in the scene. But who is selecting the ones worth to participate? Even with a closed "Black Book" you would have enough people bashing others just for their very personal and *not* objective reasons.

What's about a "White Book"? Yes you would get a lot of promotional crap, but it is not as bad as dealing with rumours and reputation destroyers.

just my 2 cents

The problem is that the ugly crowd that was going to his productions will try to go to the other parties that were safe till now. Now that's not so good news. :(

And who will bring us Raja Ram and his merry men on a monthly basis?

And who's ass will GC lick from now on?

Damn i miss Zoo-B already :o

Guest Elysium

NP: Sorry that I go off topic here....

"Don't trust your friend report him" (Brazil)

Don't get me wrong, I know you have good intentions, but results with a "Black Book" would be just horrible. A place where everybody could and would post bad things about anybody doesn't matter whether things are true or not. Ok you could make this a closed thing only for all people involved in the scene. But who is selecting the ones worth to participate? Even with a closed "Black Book" you would have enough people bashing others just for their very personal and *not* objective reasons.

What's about a "White Book"? Yes you would get a lot of promotional crap, but it is not as bad as dealing with rumours and reputation destroyers.

just my 2 cents

422301[/snapback]

nope because "cases" would not get into the "black book" before after a solid investigating into the cases was done and before both sides had a chance to respond. And people would not be able to just write freely as in a forum. And basically the idea is to use a "Black book" as a prevention tool rather than a weapon :)