JNR Hacksaw

Trolsk

I'm sure a lot of you remember Nervasystem and Aether, back in 1999 they released a very trippy, original and freeform psy album called The Mama Matrix Most Mysterious on their own label, Electric Orgasm Records. Prior to that they both had some good tunes on various compilations.

It seems Aether is back in business, now under another alias namely JNR Hacksaw. This time around he's releasing "psycho-active electro breaks". His first release is an EP on UK label Trigger Recordings. If you have a thing for Tipper, Si Begg, Digitalis or that excellent 21-3 Records compilation called Elastic then this is something you'll enjoy.

There's more information about JNR Hacksaw in this interview at Nubreks.com.

A promising snippet from the interview:

What makes your sound stand out from other producers?

"I think attention to detail and striving for originality is what makes me stand out. Every sound I use is constantly morphing and moving, every component has a start middle and end. When it comes down to it I think its just the sheer amount of time I put into programming that makes my music what it is. I'm constantly trying to fuck with the listeners mind without losing the groove or dancefloor impact."

Btw, if you want some more good electro breaks, try this mix by Bushby, there are some JNR Hacksaw tunes in it:

Bushby - Tones for Disco Bars

• 3 weeks later...

Too few of you read this topic and downloaded the Bushby mix at the end of my initial post, give it a try, you'll thank me. It's something psychoactive that doesn't involve neo full on basslines, but lots of deep bass.

• 1 year later...