Tribeadelic NYE 2006

First of all...Well Done Ozzy!!! Like Francis Ford Coppola trying to make Apocalypse Now, you made Tribeadelic happen...What an event. You managed to bring out the best vibe in people. And I like what someone said about the heat bringing people together (by complaining)...we had someone giving us regular updates about how hot it was, and how hot it was going to get to.

I think this year's Tribeadelic really displayed everyone's generosity and compassion with the issue at hand. Sure we didn't get ALL those kickass artists, but what we got was one unique experience...and the artists who played really made the most of their sets. Seeing the enjoyment on their faces, really, really drove the point home that this was a Tribeadelic Gathering to be remembered, if not only for the banding together to make everyone have an extraordinary time...

Highlights for me...

* The 3 Wise men...Dark Nebula, Talpa, Rinkadink...the highlight of those was probably Talpa, although I was so excited to hear Rinkadink play ‘Tune From Childhood’ on the dancefloor...ever since I heard that track, I thought "Imagine that being played on the floor as the sun is rising...", and it got fulfilled.

* Market stage Friday night...seeing people chilling out, soaking up the music was enough to satisfy me. The music was a bonus.

* The awesome, awesome people...meeting new people and learning about all the walks of life they come from. Really too awesome to explain. I just wish the sun had of died off earlier so I could have made tracks around the camp to meet more people.

* Hearing a very cool track with South Park samples (anyone help me here?)

* Hearing ‘The Bad Thing’ by Artifakt

* Watching people run for the water truck like little kiddies after an ice cream truck and then the smiles on their faces as they trundled back, soaked…

* Shotting Absinthe before 9AM, before the sun took its toll.

* Seeing all the families that rocked up…there seemed to be more families this year which just made the whole thing seem even more familiar.

It was great to see people take their rubbish to the skip's as well, (yes, I'm a camper) except for a few city folk. My mate and I ended up picking up quite a vast amount of rubbish from the main stage with a few others.

Ozzy, you did an awesome job. Any more words from me would just sound like "arse kissing" so I'll stop.

Thanks Talpa for making me dance my arse off!

Thanks party goers for making the days so enjoyable!

Thanks Ozzy for risking a lot for us!

It's in australia. I heard it was scorchingly hot! But good. My bro flew over from the UK and went straight to this party from the airport. Mwah.

:)

goddaammmmiiiiiiiiit i SO want to be there next year! gotta make myself a list of festivals in australia i should attend, for when i'll be travelling there in '07

406724[/snapback]

Go to Rainbow Serpent Fesitval. I went there a few years ago and it was amazing. The aussies sure know how to party.

The melbournites have a very strong party scene and have outdoor parties most weekend. Sydney also has lots of quality parties as well. Australia is a good place for parties...aaaah *reminisces*

Keep your eyes on Oztrance and Australiens for up-to-date party listings :)

Guest The Journey Man Project

yup I say avoid oztrance, bunch of wankers, and stick to the forum at www.earthcore.com.au ... earthcore also run the most proffessional parties out here, if you stick to them you won;t be dissapointed.

hmmm i dont get involved in the political side of forums, but i personally do find oztrance quite a useful resource, each to their own tho eh <_<

yup I say avoid oztrance, bunch of wankers, and stick to the forum at www.earthcore.com.au ...  earthcore also run the most proffessional parties out here, if you stick to them you won;t be dissapointed.

406809[/snapback]

Yeah, you're probably right, earthcore is run by a lot of professionals, but that also means a lot of idiots (by idiots, I mean, people who are there just to get wasted and not really into the music) go to the parties because it's marketed wider, so that your average candy raver knows about it. . . which is something I don't prefer when I'm listening to my favourite artists. I've been to earthcore once...I've been to Tribeadelic gigs an abundant amount of times...but I suppose it just depends on what you would prefer...

RE: oztrance wankers.

Yep. But what a GREAT thing we have going on over there. :P:P:P

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, you're probably right, earthcore is run by a lot of professionals, but that also means a lot of idiots (by idiots, I mean, people who are there just to get wasted and not really into the music) go to the parties because it's marketed wider, so that your average candy raver knows about it. . . which is something I don't prefer when I'm listening to my favourite artists. I've been to earthcore once...I've been to Tribeadelic gigs an abundant amount of times...but I suppose it just depends on what you would prefer...

RE: oztrance wankers.

Yep. But what a GREAT thing we have going on over there. :P  :P  :P

406821[/snapback]

But they have something to cater for everyone. There was a Pharmacy stage when I went which was where the more mainstream genre music was being played. I quite like it when eveyone into different music parties together, as long as, as you said, people arn't there just to get wasted.