Need some recommendations please. :)

GrBear

Greetings!

I have such a hard time finding new psytrance artists in the shops around here (Canada), so I figured it only fitting that I ask for some personal recommendations from those more knowledgable than myself. I'm looking for artists that are comparable to my listed favorites.

- Shpongle

- Infected Mushroom

- Astral Projection

- Hallucinogen

- Cosmosis

- X-Dream

Thanks for any recommendations made!

Cheers. :)

I can only guide you in the downtempo genre - but these are worth checking out if you like Shpongle:

Celtic Cross - Hicksville

Phutureprimitive - Sub Concious

Shulman - In Search of a Meaningful Moment

Entheogenic - Spontaneous Illumination

Capsula - Synthesis of Reality

Ott - Blumenkraft

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Garden

I really DO appreciate the reponses. I'm so disillusioned with mainstream music the recording industry is peddling that I've really earned an appreciation for the entire trance genre. Some of my oldest CD's are from the likes of The Orb and various other ambient genre cross sections.

It's fantastic to have a resource such as these forums where like minded individuals can share their knowledge and enthusiasm for specific genres.

Cheers!

I can only guide you in the downtempo genre - but these are worth checking out if you like Shpongle:

Entheogenic - Spontaneous Illumination

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Garden

399872[/snapback]

These two I was lucky enough to find on iTunes Music Store, and yes, sampling the 'clips' they sound very much like something I'd enjoy. Thank you very much. I'm still trying to track down samples of the other recommendations made by yourself and euchkuh. :D

Guest The Journey Man Project

- Shpongle

Entheogenic and Shulman

- Infected Mushroom

Mystagamus

- Astral Projection

www.saikosounds.com and get the compilation series called Goa Vibes on Trust n Trance, the Trust In Trance Vol.1 and 2 compilations and the Israel's Psychedellic Trance series on Phonokol

- Hallucinogen

Nothing much out there like this, but the Hallucinogen in Dub album is really special... also try Dragonfly Classix or Dragonfly Classix II

- Cosmosis

See what I wrote under Astral Projection and scane ebay for any Tantrance compilations, vol. 1-8 are must haves if you can get them second hand.

- X-Dream

Early stuff then see under Astral Projection, but I"d point you to Boshke Beats and Horns and Hoof entertainment if you like irritant and the later album... also check out Spirallianz and Midi Miliz

out of more modern trance I don't know much as I only listen to downtempo now and old goa trance (pre 2000)... but if you are into more downtempo music there is a vast arry in this scene that is mind blowng... if you are interested then pm me and I'll send you alist of must haves ;)

These two I was lucky enough to find on iTunes Music Store, and yes, sampling the 'clips' they sound very much like something I'd enjoy.  Thank you very much.  I'm still trying to track down samples of the other recommendations made by yourself and euchkuh.  :D

399879[/snapback]

No problem. For ordering these, try:

http://www.saikosounds.com - Lengthy samples, good prices.

http://www.psyshop.com - Very fast delivery, also good prices.

Greetings!

I have such a hard time finding new psytrance artists in the shops around here (Canada), so I figured it only fitting that I ask for some personal recommendations from those more knowledgable than myself.  I'm looking for artists that are comparable to my listed favorites.

- Shpongle

- Infected Mushroom

- Astral Projection

- Hallucinogen

- Cosmosis

- X-Dream

Thanks for any recommendations made!

Cheers.  :)

399869[/snapback]

Hey welcome to the forum, i´am a huge fan of hallucinogen, too but the other artists that you mentioned are alzo great, As for hallucinogen check out some space tribe tracks featering Simon Posford like Geo-matrix or The hands of the Shaman, if you want something similar to astral projection check electric universe Stardiver out, but only the tracks Sunset skyline, Alien encouter 1/2 and Astral vowage coz the other tracks are of pure quality, it is bad that noone can handle with hallucinogen, simon is the best psytrance artist, his two albums are pure masterpieces and of course the best psytrance albums of this genre, the first is pure melodic psychedelic and the second is, well Simon subgenre, there´s no other stuff like that out. I can´t help you with that anymore because the artists you mentioned are so uniquie that nothing else like that is out.