Anti mp3!

Guest spiralix

Hello.

Im starting to get quite angry about this damn mp3 market! what tha hell! This goes out mostly to those DJs, if they may be called so, that downloads mp3 from audiogalaxy and such sites and then burns it as an audio Cd to play it on parties! This is bringing the whole Goa/psy/whatever trance scene down, sure its expensive with Cds but if you work as a dj... then its an investment..

Its wrong that a "Dj" that has a milion tracks (mp3) can out play a Dj that buy his/her Cds vinyl. So, any dj doing Mp3 will gete no respect from me! and i hope nonew else will give them respect either..

The Best record shop here in sweden might even have to close up because people slide in and take notes of the tracks available and then goes home to download it!

So, Mp3 suck! and, the soundquality should actually stop people from playing it on parties! I dont wanna pay 100skr to hear mp3 quality music at a party..

Guest Elysium Project

Watch out spiralix.....you are about to become very unpopular in this forum.... people here do not like people that are against music download! - We are not worthy of their respect!

Guest spiralix

ok, well. i dont say this to people that sit at home downloading some music. this is about Djs that play mp3 music at parties..

"The Best record shop here in sweden might even have to close up because people slide in and take notes of the tracks available and then goes home to download it!"

Yes actually, thats the truth. vinyl is going out the door!

""The Best record shop here in sweden might even have to close up because people slide in and take notes of the tracks available and then goes home to download it!"

Yes actually, thats the truth. vinyl is going out the door!"

Isnt that more of a security problem?

Guest Elysium Project

I think it says a whole lot about people's ethics. if they go to a record shop to write down the latest releases and then go home and download it - they do deserve to be caught! - Oh no I could not hear it in the shop because my ears are shut with earwax.

Guest Satoshi

I think its okay, but actually, DJ:ing that is totally computerized is SOOOOO lame!

HATE E-Jay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cudos to Cubase, Soundforge, Fruityloops, Rebirth, Logic Audio and other "real" software!

Juno forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Shiva

Spiralix, please tell which one is the best shop in Sweden. There are practically no shops here that has goa/psy.

And why go to the store and write the names down when you can see the tracklist on INTERNET, psynews for example. WHY WOULD THEY GO TO THE STORE?!

Shiva

I am a dj

and I have hundreds of ORIGINAL cd's, I never play mp3's on parties...

I think the same like Spiralix here

Dj's should not download stuff and play nothing else as their downloaded mp3's...

Bom

Guest raz [etnoscope]

Most artist don´t mind some of their work being mp3´d since,

it spreads to a larger audience than it would only being on vinyl/cd.

Actually it´s quite often that the record company dosen´t,

reprint a batch of vinyl/cd´s when they sold out becouse of the cost of making them.

And in that case it´s quite good that the music can still reach new

people by the net and mp3´s..

BUT!!!

It´s totally imorral of a profesional dj to download these tunes,

play them at difrent partys and get paid for it.

Becouse not only is he/she stealing the composers source of income,

but also making a profit of doing so.

/raz[etnoscope]

Guest psyroger

we shud be more worried abt which file sharing program now to choose...rather than discussing if Djs shud use mp3s.......those who want to use will keep using those who dont like ...stop.....

Guest skeletor

People yeah mp3 should not get such an easy time i agree.... but if you look at most of your original music cd/vinyl labels it will say something to the tune of::::

"unauthorised public PERFORMANCE, BROADCASTING, copying, sampling and rental of this recording prohibited!"

Does that mean you need permission to play your expensive purchase even at a "free" public gathering? I know in some countries (UK, australia-APRA) )if you just own a shop and play only the radio you still have to pay yearly royalties to a musical body that supposedly distributes fees back to the artists (joke right?). I know of one hairdresser who does this and it costs her and her b/f hundreds of dollars a year for this "privelege".

So next time you see ANY dj playing, kick him/her off for illegal activities or demand they pay up to the appropriate authorities!

Guest asura

To firestorm: only a dog can ear the difference bewteen an 192 kbps tracks and an audio cd. Even more on a big sound system.

Guest spiralix

hey, for me there is no problem hearing the differense between 192kbps mp3 and cd quality..

"Hey here's a strange idea...RELEASE MORE MUSIC ON VINYL"

Good idea! :)

Shiva:

"please tell which one is the best shop in Sweden. There are practically no shops here that has goa/psy."

we have phew but those we have wont make it because of this..

Flexible in gothenburg has just closed up. that was the only place in gothenburgh that sold that kind of music. (Its not shure that they will close yet, but they might have to)..

And saturn return in stockholm. And the fact that people just take notes of the cds to download them at home is not very good. even if its dj material or not. The record stors are loosing costumers and will have to close if it continues like this, i dont know if its like this in other countries then sweden.. maybe not.. but its a problem here!

the loosers in this is they who listen to the music... because they who make the music wont be able to release anything if nothing is bought.. And that results in no new music.. and so on.. Well. that wont happen any seccond but thats the way its going..

YES, MORE Vynil!!!!!!!!

I wont say im a pro dj, but i do play at parties, and I ONLY(with very few exceptions) spin Vynil at parties. Actually, the last party i spun at i was the only one using Vynil, and afterwards quite a few people, including the other Dj's, came up to me saying "It's so cool to see someone spin Vynil".

But, It is getting increasingly hard to spin with Vynil anymore, cause nothing gets released on Vynil anymore.

X-Dream on Vynil, still waiting for it, Cosma on Vynil, never seen it, and the list goes on. So im forced to incorporate CD's slowly but surely.

I have a CD-j at home and im just as good at it, but its not the same. And e-jay is the worst bullshit I've ever seen.

And in my whole career DJ'ing, I ve spun one single mp3, Human Blue's "CArpe Diem", because I ordered it on Psyshop and it never came, so I felt I had the moral right to use it, since I did pay for it.

I have to admit though that i do use mp3s to preview and listen to at home.

Guest mmm...

I´ve been poking my nose on the mp3 conversation here too and have been _for_ them i.e. mostly haven´t seen it as a bad thing as regards home listening. On the contrary, I think it´s a good way to get acquainted with music Widely, and at least in my own case, it only _increases_ the amount of originals I buy...

BUT, in this case - dj´s playing mp3 at parties - I must say that I´m definitely on Elysium & co´s side; AGAINST! As a partygoer, I´d feel like cheated if I knew this is happening, and wouldn´t mind hearing such "dj´s" sets again. There´s absolutely no feeling at all here! I would hardly mix mp3 in my own bedroom if I was a beginning dj.

@!#$, is this really commonly happening? Among how popular dj´s?

Vinyl is the only thing properly called as Records!;)

Plastic-World is Happening everywhere around and among us - make it stop!=/

Guest DJ Mike

I Spin Vinyl and all the other genres of electronic spin Vinyl, and it is much better that way, why not goa trance ? Vinyl is much easier to work with, you have the song in front of you, to touch and hold, but a cd-mixer you dont have that same feeling...