Problems after exporting in Cubase SX

Problems seem to never end :)

Ok, I've made a track with Cubase SX and then I try to export it. Here is the first problem: I export it as WAV file but none of my players (Media Player 10 and Music Match 9) can read the WAV file. Well, this is strange cause both of the players support WAV files and I have some tracks in WAV files and they're played with no problem. I tried every parameter and all the other stuff in the export window (to be honest I can tell the difference) but none of the exported WAV files work. Why? :unsure:

Problem No2: Since I can't export as WAV, I choose mp3. I select the best quality 320kbps but the volume of the exported file is way too low compared to the others mp3's. (The one I rip from the cd's). Why? Is it because I export it as mp3? Is there any way to solve this problem and have a higher volume track?

When the tracks played by Cubase the volume is ok. Also I tried to volume every VST instruments to the max but the exported mp3 stills sounds too low.

Any ideas?

Make sure you are exporting your wav at 16/44. and not at 24 bits, etc as media player can't read those. As for the low volume, that's a common problem, especially these days since for a lot of labels mastering seems to equal increasing the volume to unnaturally loud levels and not making the music sound its best.

Make sure you are exporting your wav at 16/44. and not at 24 bits, etc as media player can't read those.

393563[/snapback]

exactly!

failing this, export as an AIFF at 16bit. Then open it in an editor of some sort and try and convert it to the file-type described above.