Vir Unis

Guest Astro Cortex

Guest Astro Cortex

This guy is a pure genius. Some of the most mindbending, intelligent and psychedelic ambient soundscapes I've ever come across, both his beatless works and those driven by the notorious "fractal rhythms". Serious kaleidoscopic multi-dimensional submerge-in-your-subcoscious music, Blood Machine (with Steve Roach) being just one splendid example of his style. Strongly recommended B)

You can listen to (and purchase) his music here:

http://www.atmoworks.com/

Check it!

Of course the other artists on the label are great as well, especially The Circular Ruins and The Elf Machine. Wicked stuff! Check the radio stream in the top left-hand corner of the page (The ads can get quite annoying though, so I wouldn't recommend listening to it all day ;) )

Have fun ambient heads!

Indeed ! I was going to open a thread about Vir Unis ;)

i can highly recommend the following:

Vir Unis - Aeonian Glow

Vir_Unis_-_Everything_Seeks_Balance

Vir Unis - The Drift Inside

Vir Unis & Saul Stokes - Thermal Transfers

And i also HAVE to check Vir Unis & Steve Roach - Blood Machine... ;)

Soon enough i would like to open a tribute thread or something about great ambient pioneers...or generally great producers... such as Robert Rich, Klaus Schultze, Pete Namlook, Steve Roach, Vir Unis, Biosphere,Vidna Obmana,Brian Eno etc....

guess who'll be posting in that topic ;0

about Vir Unis: I haven't really got into his beatless work. I think I tried the Drift Inside but I couldn't really connect with the music (yet).

His rhythmic stuff is variable, best stuff are his collaborations. I think Body Electric is very cool too, especially track 1. Also check out 'Pulse 'N Atmo'.

Guest Astro Cortex

The Drift Inside and Aeonian Glow just arrived in my post today, and it's high time I finally listen to the damn stuff ;)

*turns the PC off, drops in the first disc and starts to drift....inside*