Who makes who? Artists and labels.

moni

i also dont think IM has sold out, they sound very unique, theres no one like them, you can always tell their tracks apart at a party. certainly better than the usual full-on.

and you dont even wanna know how much a GaySatanicHippies full live PA costs. we only travel with 20 fully stuffed coke mules, then we need the whole stage to be lubricated, but it has to be a certain vaseline that doesnt fuck up our records, then we each need three fluffers, one for each ballsack and one for the shaft. oh, and those fluffers need to be midgets, so they fit under the table while we spin. and then fluffy needs his beercase to stand on so he can reach the decks.. :P

and you dont even wanna know how much a GaySatanicHippies full live PA costs. we only travel with 20 fully stuffed coke mules, then we need the whole stage to be lubricated, but it has to be a certain vaseline that doesnt fuck up our records, then we each need three fluffers, one for each ballsack and one for the shaft. oh, and those fluffers need to be midgets, so they fit under the table while we spin.

And virgins. You can't forget the virgins!! the virgins! Virgins! VIRGINS!!!

and then fluffy needs his beercase to stand on so he can reach the decks.. :P

:lol: :lol: You asshole - I forgot that I told you about that. ;)

(sorry to moni for hijacking her topic - I'll punish myself by going with GSH for his Skazi-torture punishment)

I don't see why mone have to get rich to be a sell-out.

Imagine that you make just enough to pay the rent and eat from producing and touring.

Thats usually how it is for a successful full-on producer.

Now, maybe you one day really feel like making an old-school album.

You look at the maket for that, you notice that thee is no labels that can afford to give you a decent advance and get a decent number of copies out there.

Probably not many of your current fans will not like it, and getting gig's would be a lot harder.

Many people will rather cling on to carrying a star status flying aound the world playing full-on then getting a dayjob that pays about the same.

So they adapt to the market, even if it doesn't make them rich.

Same with the label owners. Usually they initially just like to release the music they like.

But if you like o make a lving out of it, you are either a very mainstream person or you adapt.

Forget about weird psychedelic night music or old-school and go for house or full-on to be able to live of running a label, o get a dayjob to have money to pour in to the label.

Anyway...on the topic:

Labels is nothing more than a PR organisation for artists in this scene IMO.

Traditionally labels was a lot more important.

You just could not record a decent record without the support fom the label, and no-one would hear your music if they didn't plug it to the radio for you and got it out in the stores.

Now everyone have a studio at home themself and there is alternatives to radio and shops to get music out to people.

So labels as such is superflous, and they should start working more to fulfill the functions they still have, PR and management.