Need proffesional advice/critique on this track

Aeros

Hello all, for the past couple of months I've been working hard on perfecting and refining my style and have been striving to meet the proffesional quality and sound that has been longed for in this scene by myself and many others.

Please listen to this track under the Mindcrawlers project.

Adrenaline Rush - 149BPM trancey goa done oldschool style (best way to describe it is as up-beat goa trance with elements of trance similar to Astral Projection's music, or atleast the way I do it, if a description is needed to convince you to listen ;) )

An alternate link/download is availible Here on Beatbiz

So have a listen and help me out on how I can improve (where improvement is needed). Good critique, not comments on personal taste/opinion, is what would help out most :) Thanks for listening, if you're interested in more you can checkout Goa Coaster, the first track from Mindcrawlers on Acidplanet or Beatbiz.

Plunge 120BPM chilled goa - It was very fun engineering the FX for this track, this one quasi-mechanical layer at 0:42 is actually the sound of a spoon going against a washing board, pitched down alot, cross delayed, flanged, phasered, 50%sent to another phaser and EQ'd as hell. All the effects in the song are geared towards giving you the feeling of plunging further and further into....well :) use your imagination...

That links a bit squiffy I had to take out an extra http before it would work, You may want to edit it.

Good track though, Great Production.

One of the first build up bits with the kick and crash sounded a bit too familiar and done before

Love the sounds though, What synths did you use?

This track would send me off just like it's intended to :D

Hey!

Again very good goa production, i specially love the spiritual feeling you can get with those melodies and sounds. Very good track indeed, with dense sound pressure, but everything is in it's place in my opinion.

Very good melodic/delayed patterns my friends! your collaboration seems to really work well :)

best of luck

boom

Serguei :: Swan X-1

wanna check our tracks?

Hi man! NIce work

I like the bass line great!

For me the leads that start at 1:30 are to loud, and hides he rest of the sounds...

You should try to get down frecuencies between 500 - 2500 (TO THE LEADS)

for my test the trak is to long. What i like the most is the first minutes yeeea!

Best regards

Love the sounds though, What synths did you use?

Almost entirely Albino :), and Muon Tau 2 for the bassline with a hefty effects chain going through a few phasers to give it that fat sound.

the trak is to long

After many listens I seem to have come to the same conclusion, the end is drawn out too much and having 2 climaxes is hard to pull off well, but it still was alot of fun making this

your collaboration seems to really work well

Psyrius has some really good ideas for melodies and I love the cuts and transitions he can do - although from a technical point the majority of the work and mastering would be my doing (I'd say 75% my work, 25% from my mate comming from what it takes to setup the track initially)

Serguei :: Swan X-1

wanna check our tracks?

Sure, Link me :)

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated, thank you Pajarico for the tip on the frequencies, I may have to expirament more with me FX to get a powerful sound without too much fullness on the bands...

Having said that, there is one more you can comment on, Goa Coaster was a track that was particularly fun to produce since we were wondering how smoothly you can take a track through 3 different styles (and give them apropriate climaxes) while keeping the theme uniform throughout. (serguei I see you've already commented on it in my other thread :) )

Stream or Download it from here: http://www.beatbiz.net/artist.php?USERID=704 I'll point out readily for you that I'm aware I can pump alot more volume out of that track, I'll have to give a go at mastering it one day.

• 2 weeks later...