HARTHOUSE IS BACK!

Freking nice!!!!  Good to see one of the really good labels reapear.

363666[/snapback]

Yeah dude, i didnt believe my eyes when I read that they released something again. And aparently there is a LOT more to come. Even Harthouse Frankfurt has opened up again!! Now, i can only imagine what there is to come from the home of ALL GERMAN trance.

Frankfurt was back in the days the best town in Germany for Trance. Nowadays, its kind of a Techno Mecca, but then again, it will prolly not beat Berlin, but still there is a HUGE scene going on aparently.

Lets see if the trance comes back to live in the old town.... if the new Harthouse at all IS trance hahahaha?!?! :)

Ill keep everyone tuned, because Ill be getting this EP today!

Is Sven Vath still involved?

I'd really lo-o-ove to hear what he would make of a psy-trance track...

365123[/snapback]

No I don't think he is. Here's what I found out:

Profile: When Daredo Music bought the rights to the brand name for the well known German techno label Harthouse in 2004, they relaunched it with this name. The old label design is more or less kept intact on the new releases.

Contact Info: HARTHOUSE / daredo music GmbH

Augustaanlage 37

D-68165 Mannheim

Germany

Zoo Brazil - Crash

Catalog#: HH MA 001-6 

Format: 12" 

Released: 11 May 2005

Genre: Electronic 

Style: Minimal, Tech House 

Notes: A 126BPM, B1 126BPM, B2 124BPM

User Comments & Reviews:

kompressorkanonen - 04-Oct-05 05:19 PM

Feels very weird to hold a new Harthouse release in your hands in 2005. The label design is even more or less identical to the old one; it's almost as if the prancing R&S horse should rear its head yet again.

At closer inspection, however, two things induce scepticism. First of all, the logo says "Mannheim" not "Frankfurt", and when you inspect the beats-per-minute counts for each track which in true Harthouse tradition are printed on the center label, they're at least 20 bpm slower than the typical release the label would publish in its heyday. A Harthouse release that chugs along around 125? Something must be very wrong here.

And it is. The music contained on this release is the sort of dry, underproduced, devoid-of-ideas "minimal electro-y tech house", or whatever it is they call "trendy crap" nowadays, that DJ Non-Entity salivates over in 2005. How a pair of producers who (on further investigation) appear to have something like 40 releases to their name can be so unaware of dynamics is nothing short of a mystery. Typically, they ruin the one track with potential - "Escape" - with some absolutely pointless and way-too-loud-in-the-mix computer game novelty sounds.

All things considered, a nonsensical and appalling attempt to cash in on a famous label-name with below-par music. Steer well clear.

http://www.discogs.com/release/502517

Hmmm, this says enough for me so far:

"All things considered, a nonsensical and appalling attempt to cash in on a famous label-name with below-par music. Steer well clear. "

I know Kompressorkanonen, and he knows what he is talking about....

Yes, but consider this. Harthouse Mannheim is not going to be the same as Harthourse Frankfurt (which still is awaiting their first release)

Lets have some hope! :)