Guest al3xandar

Guest al3xandar

Posted Image

Release: Duality

Type: Various Artists Compilation

Style: Psytrance

Label: Glowing Flame Records

Year: 2005, September

The duality of life. White and black, hot and cold, good and bad. The name of the other compilation by the successful label from Macedonia, Glowing Flame. Many unreleased tracks appear on this VA album and the global opinion about this release is again more then positive. I tried to make review of the tracks, not as professional as others do, but just to give you at least some small vision of what to expect. Trust me, if you buy this album you won't regret about it ;)

1. Trold - Space Attack (Braincell rmx)

The track begins pretty darky. I don't really like it. There is some twisted effect that makes me nervous. "Just one minute ladies and gentleman I think something is happening" - the sample introduces the bassline which gives happiness to the track. Then it is almost the same style as Rastaliens since it is remix by rastaliens' side project Braincell. The track calms at the very few minutes and it begins to promise a lot. It seems that the album is opened, the melody is fading in. The track is great as a matter of fact. Really it reminds me of the Glowing Flames sound a lot. Yudhishtira, Imaginary Sight, rastaliens, Fractal Glider. Now we listen up-pitch-down-pitch effect. No changes so far. The track is great for opening some party, as it is for opening an album/compilation in this case/. The melody is revealed through the effect we were listening all this time. Good Good..the bassline. It is characteristic bass famous from the 'Xplore the wild side' and other singles. The sample that is listening at the middle of the track says something about how the universe gets smaller every day if my ears are not faking it. Not 'killargh' track however it is good start which made me want to listen the whole album. To the very same end the track is same. No changes but not boring at all. 7/10

2. Trold - Boloonia

Actually Trold are scandinavian psytrance project, they work over darkish themes, more forest sounds and a deep psychedelic projects. It really isn't my style, I am oldschool goa fan, but this track starts calling my name even when the bass-kick duo starts. There is effect I reckoned from the previous track, but it is the style I am recognizing not the duplicate they have made. It starts to be a little bit boring, but then not even the second minute is finished some melody introduces something big in the track. So it happens from 2:15 I do believe the main melody starts. It drives me pretty much. I don't know why I like this track, I used to deny everything from Scandinavia and the dark tunes. But I imagined how wonderful this track would be on the dance floor, great tune, even masterpiece on the release [though not the best track]. At the middle of the track we listen calming of the euphoria, and the melody begins to grow again, so you say "NOT AGAIN!" with positive vibes of course. 5:38 starts something mystical. What the hell is this you say, where am I. The interesting fact is that I thought the track finished so I turned my UV neon-light on, and everything got other perspective. The track is definetly masterpiece. Original idea and nice realization. To be honest, not that Glowing Flame Records are from Macedonia, but better production haven't read ever. That might be triggered by the fact that I listen 99% old staff so I haven't heard much of the new production, but It is my review afterall. At the end of the track I get complete image of it. It is not for the main dance-floor, but rather for driving car :) 9/10

3. Yudhisthira - Matter Is A Myth

Yudhishtira is Macedonian trance band from Dj Ogi and Bugi. Yudhishtira was one of the main heroes in the epic Mahabharata, strong and with courage. That is comparation between the band and the person of Yudhishtira himself. The matter is a myth, it is dead without the soul. The track doesn't ask you if you want to get ready for what expects you, it strikes at the 6th chakra and makes you wanna dance. Really mystical. This is what I like, not dark, but rather mystical. At the end of the second minute starts some twisted melody. It could be that i know Ogi from the band and what was the whole idea of the track, but I do imagine that this twisted melody says something like "Forget the matter, give your attention to the love-hungry spirit". :) Then repetition of the track and at the end starts another rush of emotions, it is like going through vortex and now you see it, now you don't (the melody). At the last 2 minutes there is quite repeating of the elements so I think another melody plus would make it pure masterpiece. I'd freakout if I listen this on the dancefloor,I tell you. 9/10.

4. Imaginary Sight - MAciDonia Reality

Interesting name of the track, named perhaps by the man behind the name Imaginary Sight, Marko, the owner of the label. I was not amazed like "WHAT AN IDEA TO COMPARE THE NAME OF MACEDONIA WITH ACID", just smiled and said that the idea is good but far from original. "It's our pleasure to be in your reality". When I was traveling this weekend I was listening to this album and this track begun just when the sun was falling down and turned into big orange ball. Some parts of the main melody makes me think of my country (if it is his idea to show the reality of my country) as poor and dark land where cowboys ride their horses and steal the poor people. It is funny that what I imagined while listening to track, as visiualisation, is perfectly correct. Just there are no cowboys and horses, there are loads of weapons and mostly the people are poor, starving for bread. Back to the track. It has the recognizable bassline and kicks. The concept of the track is push and calm, push and calm which I really like. The production is muuah! Great! You can listen every sound involved at any frequency you like. I don't know if I captured the idea of the artist to show the reality of our environment, but I certainly give pure 9/10

5. Naked Tourist - Pitchy And Stretchy

I never liked this artist. I wasn't sure what to expect but from other point I didn't give it a chance cause I always skipped this track on this and other releases. Some unclear sample opens the track and it opens the bassline. The effects are characteristic and original. This is over my limits cause I consider this as dark trance. Really heavy kick and pure with melodic tries. But the refreshment comes at the beginning of minute 4. The melody is revealed, wow! I say! Wow! What a culmination and getting up to the highest level of the track, even it looks a bit as the culmination of the fullon tracks but it is amazing. So far if I didn't listen to the whole track I'd give 5/10 but now after this events in the track I will consider higher grad :) so 8/10 cause of the deep bassline which I don't really like! This track changed my opinion over Naked Tourist's work, so I will always give a try to his tracks. The climax is chilled.

6. Rastaliens - Sandman rmx

I haven't heard the original track by which the remix is made. When my friend sow Rastaliens on this release he went happy-mad cause he likes them pretty much. The style is original, as not many managed to copy it. Even if I didn't know that this is Rastaliens track, I'd reckon it from far away. Pure art. Not much. Just want to share that the melody is not touching but rather mystical at some points. Then the twisted parts of the track begin at few moments before the end. The climax is lasting nor shorter nor long, simply enough to make you press the Play button again and listen to this tune at the loudest volume level :) 10/10

7. Imaginary Sight - Jaia

My favorite track.

- the sample:

"I have come from the violet skies to save the day. I'm about to reveal the tales of your life. Too many secrets are locked inside your mind but you're all equal in life, equal in love. You're all building castles in the sky, dreaming of a better world! Is there life on Mars you wonder as you look up into the heavens above!"

Wow the track. I cannot express how I feel when I listen to the track, cause I like it so much. It has mindblowing concept of kick and bass, not constant bass that makes the track alive. "Jaia, Jaia" through all the track, great! Amazing, actually the melody is the moving element in the track and the effects are really hallucinogenious :) You don't notice when the track goes to the middle of itself. At the beginning of the 4th minute there is a little game with the bass and the kick and then it goes on and on. At the culmination of the track we listen the sample again, not the whole of it, but it hits the ecstasy of the track and then it begins to calm down. Interesting is that it begins to calm at the end of the track, no long climax but funny calming and fadeout! [end] 10/10.

8. Braincell - Energetic

As I mentioned, Braincell is side project by one of the Rastaliens guys. I have quite positive opinion that Rastaliens is band of two DJs and I am not sure if Braincell is Ralph or the other one. Correct me if I am wrong. Among the other things I have to mention that there is planned party for 18th November, something like Glowing Flame party where the artists from the label will perform.

The track...ahh...good one. I needed this kind of track to calm me a bit. It begins directly with the kick and the bassline. If I say that the bassline is same as in the others track I will be boring already so I am not saying that again, you just gotta know. The concept is the very same one as the concept of the whole release. The duality inbetween. The effects are freaky and at moments mystical towards dark. The melody is developing in interesting coming-here-going-there way, when you expect that the track will calm it shows other part of it, other effects and parts of other melodies. Just as you are moving into asteroids field. Not much interesting until the end, except the change of the tones that make the main melody (they go tones up). It could have been better I do believe. 6/10.

9. Fractal Glider - Neurological

I am expecting the album of this man pretty much for the same label. It is the track with most emotions in it. It could be up to the fact that it is last track, more ambiental streamed (but not ambient), with nice sounds that calm you after what you heard. No one knows to play with the bassline as FG knows, that is something that got my attention. At the end I realized that this track will fit perfectly in wet summer morning when the sun is about to hit its rays. Yes, pure morning track. The melody is in that direction too. At the middle of 5th minute there is climax, and the culmination is on its way with some strange sounds as if someone is stepping heavy and saying "I'm gonna catch you little boy!" with laugh on his face. Then you see the sun and begin to dance as mad on the great tune. The bassline is more poor at the second half of the track, that means that except the ta-ta-ta-ta bassline we get kick-ta-kick-ta bass which gives other perspective of the calmness of the track. Neurological great! 10/10.

---

The whole release gets pure 9/10 from my taste. Get this CD, from one point you will support this young label, from other you will enjoy the fruits of the va album ;)

Aleksandar

Rastaliens song is great eerie / haunting stuff... a bit like old Sandman himself! maybe the title is a refference.. 10/10 that track indeed :)

Guest al3xandar

Rastaliens song is great eerie / haunting stuff... a bit like old Sandman himself! maybe the title is a refference.. 10/10 that track indeed :)

362191[/snapback]

yes :) thanks

At least anyone else could have written something about my review and encourage me for other ones cause I don't usually right reviews, 2-3 per year. Or I don't deserve ;):P

Cheerz

Guest al3xandar

the track that stood out for me was

Yudhisthira - Matter Is A Myth

good to begin yer set with :)

364637[/snapback]

As I said, they are my friends (Yudhishtira) ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Nice comp. Melodic Full On but different from the usual crappy style.

Rastaliens/Braincell tracks are good but compared to other masterpieces by them (The Secret Side for example) are less good.

Yudhisthira,Imaginary Sight,Imaginary Trold are all good tracks. Trold tracks are very good too but the panning of the sounds is a bit annoying (try listen Boloonia with headphones to see what I mean).

Naked Tourist is very good, different from other tracks by them, less dark but still hard.

Fractal Glider track is totally dissapointing. Boring,almost minimal clubby Full On. Let's hope to stay to his old style and not go to the cheesy side.

7.5-8/10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

another great one from glowing flame, i like every track on here,

great cd,

fractal gives the cd some balance, its an awesome morning bounce

all the best

-kameleon