Orient vs. Occident

Hey Folks,

here is my new tune, which almost landed in the trash can, but I decided to revive it 2 weeks ago. Now it is more or less ready. I know 2 weeks are too much for rearrangeand finalizing a track, but with a fulltime work, this is as long it takes. The first draft wasn't going anywhere, coz it was pretty much a test song, since I had to configure my new setup and troubleshoot it for 2 weeks.

Anyways I hope you enjoy it and leave your comments.

Orient vs. Occident

Typing here as I listen the first time through so the comments will probably be rather messy and random.

Like the into noises. Some of them sound farmilar to me from somewhere, but the vibe is nice. Kick comes in strong (maybe a hair too strong?). Bass is simple, but effective provided some variation comes in later. I like the snares and such, but maybe they are a hair high in the mix and could use some variations or fills or filters or something to make them keep shifting? The simply synth melody is again good, but I think some more variation, layers, doubling or morphing effects could be useful.

The dirty line and bass change up at about 4:00 I dig. More groove here, although a few of the change ups took me by surprise (although I do like that sort of thing). The dirty lead reminds of something again, but I like it. The other simple melody comes back around at 5-ish. If I were making this track, I'd completely throw it out for the second time around and make something new, if only a new preset or synth playing the same part. The variations are nice though.

All and all this is a decent attempt here. I think some more development on the ideas begun in the track would help it a lot and a lot of the drum sounds in particular seem a bit "preset"-ish, but there is some good stuff in here as well.

You know..think that has a strange style...a lot of techy sounds...sometimes minimal.Maybe I have to listen couple of times to understand if I like it or not :unsure: cause sometimes really diggin it and sometimes little bit boring.Very interesting but I'm confused.

Good intro, ambience.

Bass brings a tech side, groovy and minimal.

HHats are also techy, psy ride, i like it. i think it works in overall :)

I also think it could sound more powerful with fuller sounds or effects (delay is the first). The build is good, just don't like the 2nd entry of the bass, but the track evolves very nicely into stress and deepness :D

at 5:00 i get a bit bored of the melody, lacks variation in sound and notes IMO, and the loop-sequence is too techno for my ears.. the synth that brings the end is good but could morph or phase in order to sound less repetitive. Some new sounds and ideas in the end could lift its energy IMO.

overall: good moments and some boring ones, very diferent atmospheres through the track, but has potential to be a great track

Boom