X-Dream -- Irritant -- Crap.

Guest rx7style

I've listened to the one track, Irritant, and it's so different from the style X-Dream had before... it's all gone now. In my opinion, that's a bad thing. This track was well done, but damn was it ever boring and repetative. I fear that the rest of the new album is going to be the same, and I will no longer be a fan of X-Dream. I will still be a fan of the OLD X-Dream however... a fanatic if you will! Why have such good groups turned to making such "bad" music? I don't understand... it doesn't even sound psychedelic, and it doesn't seem like the logical progression one might predict.

What do you think?

Guest amphitere

they went in the delta/spirallianz direction. those 3 sound the same to me now. they have put a lot of work into the music and they have great skills, but it just doesn't sound as good anymore.

Guest rx7style

Yes, I should clarify -- I don't really consider the music crap, I just don't care for it. The reason is exactly what amphitere said: they sound so similar to groups of the same style! If music is really revolutionary and awesome, you should be able to pick it out of a crowd easily. With this music, I can't unless I know the tracks well.

If you gave me a track of delta, spirallianz, and the new X-Dream, I couldn't tell you which artist the track was by [assuming I've never heard it before]. That's the reason I'm so dissapointed.

to you it sounds the same...

to me it sounds uniquely different to Spirallianz which sounds different to The Delta which again sounds distinctively different to Midi Miliz.

my parents think all electronic music sounds the same - there are those that think all opera sounds the same ------------------------i guess u either get it or u don't!!!

one reason it sounds the same is because it's the same people! that shouldn't be too hard to figure out. the guys in the above groups are all great friends and there is a lot of cross-pollination going on. btw, irritant is a great track but gives me a little of a head-ache. peter's hoover, on the other hand, is so good it's sick, as good as just about anything else they've ever done. but i would still like to hear a few new x-dream tracks in the same style as "radio", just because no one else can make that kind of music, and there are a few others who make really good technopsy.

Guest Von Stackelberg

"This track was well done, but damn was it ever boring and repetative."

"If music is really revolutionary and awesome, you should be able to pick it out of a crowd easily. With this music, I can't unless I know the tracks well."

... oh, and this WASN'T the case with old X-Dream??? From this point of view, old and new X-Dream sound EXACTLY the same IMO!!!

Guest Stormbringer

I haven´t heard anything from the new album but I know that I´ll like it alot when I finally get it. I just can´t get enough of The Delta, Midimiliz, Spirallianz and X-dream :-I

The one thing that bothers me most right now is the fact that I can´t afford my planned trip to Denmark to see The Delta and X-dream live :´-(

It´s no comfort at all that I´ve allready seen X-dream live twice, it just makes the pain so much worse when I know how good they sound live!

Buuuuäääääääää!

Stormbringer

In my book, there couldn't be a better direction X-Dream could have taken. The best thing Marcus M. did was start working with the Spirallianz guys. Ave!

Guest lifeform

There could have been a completly different direction that this music could have taken, all of it. I dont know why all those cool bands from back in the day are conforming to a new DANCE style. It's a 4/4 drum beat with a simple bass playing for 8 minutes with no music at all.............. It's sad. What happened to all the crazy noises and leads flying in everywhich direction? FULL MUSIC - REAL MUSIC. ::sighs::

I dunno I'm thinking they just don't have anywhere else to go... They went from "old school melodic" to their revolutionary techy stuff in "Radio" and now they're just at the end of their line...

Will their "minimal" be "revolutionary" in some fashion? If so I'm interested but I think it'l just be very very good "minimal"... I'm not much for the "minimal" stuff myself either so I'm not real excited...

They're gonna be like Astral Projection was/is for "melodic goa"... Riding off into the sunset...

What else would they do? They'd have to just rehaul their whole style in some way i think...

"Radio" may just be my fav album of all tho...

I disagree, helium. The style that these guys are doing is completely unique from other psy styles like Goa and "minimal," though I admit they probably have more in common with the latter. Meanwhile, no one else has been able to achieve the raw power of these bands (which requires a decent listening system to appreciate), which again is something new and fresh, with a lot of potential for the future. Compare the sound in Urban Alien and Radio to, say, One Way Ltd. or Pop (speaking generally of the X-Dream/Spirallianz projects) and you'll notice some huge evolution. The new Delta is a continuation of that evolution, and I fully expect the new X-Dream to be evolved as well. If it's not, then I'll eat my shorts, but I'm optimistic. :) EA

Guest lifeform

my point was ... a truely talented group did a few WONDERFUL albums that were full innovative and new and barely any of it sucked. Every song they did was good. Now... Instead up steping up on the latter, they took a huge step down to untalented music. I just dont understand why alot of groups are doing that... Just cause it's the new thing. I think what will save the scene is a hallucingen 3 when it comes out, to make these artist understand that psytrance is better than minimal by far in every aspect. this is just my opinion so dont tell me to get a "LIFEform" which made no sense at all. anyways. take it easy.

EA- gave Scizoeffective and Urban Alien a good diligent listen late last night and was quite impressed... They are certainly masters of creating these "aural sculptures" as you describe them... Much more maximal than I had thought too... Was quite in awe as matter of fact by some of it- very much "entrancing" and with great attention to the details...

One thing I don't quite understand is why you say that the Spirallianz/Delta sound is far ahead of "Radio"? Do you mean the timing of it and how they build the sounds and so forth into it? You're not talking about the sounds production itself are you? You made that statement once before and I didn't understand it at that time either...

Hey helium. All I mean is that essentially from day one these guys have been redefining themselves and creating fresh, powerful music that continues to evolve and break brand new ground at every step. From an artistic standpoint this is reason enough for me to like them - merely out of principle. Meanwhile, I really like the music, which is a bonus. Anyone that can evolve successfully in their own direction forward while maintaing a semblance of accessibility has my vote.

That doesn't mean, by the way, that I think the new stuff is any *better* than the old stuff - just different and increasingly interesting. :) EA