Non 4/4 artists!

Guest al3xandar

Guest al3xandar

What is the artist you appriciate the most and that he is using non 4/4 beats in his tracks?

Simon knows to do this so well, the percussions and the Hihats high frequencies...great! So Shpongle and Hallucinogen would fit well for my search! I couldn't determine the rythm tact in none of his tracks (there where is other than 4/4)...

Anyone else?

Ozric Tentacles, Pink floyd. Haven't heard anything of shpongle with non 4/4.

But do you mean non 4/4 as in not putting a bassdrum on every 4th note? then i guess shpongle counts, with some breakbeats and stuff.

Guest al3xandar

Ozric Tentacles, Pink floyd. Haven't heard anything of shpongle with non 4/4.

But do you mean non 4/4 as in not putting a bassdrum on every 4th note? then i guess shpongle counts, with some breakbeats and stuff.

275113[/snapback]

non 4/4 means that is not 4/4 tact.

---tup---tup---tup---tup

so 3/4 would be

--tup---tup--tup---tup

And about those Pink Floyd tact...I meant on psy tracks :)

Greetings

Haven't heard anything of shpongle with non 4/4.

275113[/snapback]

Shpongle probably hs the most frequent use of odd time sigs in the psy world recently. "And The Day Turned To Night" is 7/8. "Divine Moments of Truth" drifts from 4/4 in the beginning to 6/4 for the main parts and goes back to 4/4 for the end. Another track in the first album is in 5/4 as well (the second track I think, forget the title off hand). On the new album the run of three tracks from "Nothing Lasts" to "...But Nothing Is Lost" 7/8 as well.

Shpongle probably hs the most frequent use of odd time sigs in the psy world recently. "And The Day Turned To Night" is 7/8. "Divine Moments of Truth" drifts from 4/4 in the beginning to 6/4 for the main parts and goes back to 4/4 for the end. Another track in the first album is in 5/4 as well (the second track I think, forget the title off hand). On the new album the run of three tracks from "Nothing Lasts" to "...But Nothing Is Lost" 7/8 as well.

275467[/snapback]

Ok, haven't heard all of them. But i didn't recall that DMT was 6/4, but now i remember. I'd call it 3/4 though but doesnt matter.

Guest al3xandar

Ok, haven't heard all of them. But i didn't recall that DMT was 6/4, but now i remember. I'd call it 3/4 though but doesnt matter.

275470[/snapback]

ahh...

The new Shpongle album also has non-4/4 tacs tracks...

275470[/snapback]

Actually I'd probably call DMT 6/8 but I didn't want to confuse the issue too much. Its mostly just hair splitting anyways.