Yage

dj mylo

A few weeks ago I got handed a promo of this Brazillian act called: Yage. I got it from a label that's interested in them, and were interested in my opinion of em. I say...pretty damn cool.

Quite a mix of stuff from ambient/downbeat right through to full-on'ish rippazzz!

They also throw in a bit of the native South American Tribal sound for effect. Reminds me of the Sepultura "Roots" album.

Any Brazzzzillians out there heard of em? What do ya think?

"I will take you to a place where we can find our ROOOOTS BLOODY ROOOOOTS" B)  Sepultura with max kicked ass & no I haven't heard of them although you have peeked my interest now.

272045[/snapback]

They sure did ;) But Sepultura sux now, and so do Soulfly :( IMO!

Yeah, Yage have got some of the same percussion elements and that stringy guitar thingy, some female vocals etc. But no Max! Maybe we should make a psy remix of Chaos A.D/B.C. ??? Max is in my town with Soulfly, maybe I can ask him before Skazi does!

They sure did ;) But Sepultura sux now, and so do Soulfly :( IMO!

Yeah, Yage have got some of the same percussion elements and that stringy guitar thingy, some female vocals etc. But no Max! Maybe we should make a psy remix of Chaos A.D/B.C. ??? Max is in my town with Soulfly, maybe I can ask him before Skazi does!

272051[/snapback]

Yeah the 1st Soulfly Cd was pretty good but the others I dunno...I think he is just trying to experiment with too many different styles. Yes a psy-remix of refuse/resist or roots bloody roots would be awesome. I'm sure max could do a better job than skazi. :lol: Hmm do Yage have any stuff online to listen to or download?

Yeah the 1st Soulfly Cd was pretty good but the others I dunno...I think he is just trying to experiment with too many different styles. Yes a psy-remix of refuse/resist or roots bloody roots would be awesome. I'm sure max could do a better job than skazi. :lol: Hmm do Yage have any stuff online to listen to or download?

272065[/snapback]

so far unreleased apparently. but I'll post a link if I find one.

Yage has one of the best ambient acts i ever had seen

They rock on the chill-out,but i dont really like when they play on the dancefloor, it is way too melodic and has that girl siging all the time

They allways plays on big festivals here in Brazil and as i said it, their ambient acts is a must see.

Btw Mylo, i didnt know that they released a promo. How many tracks there is? and is it mostily ambient?dowbeat stuff or dancefloor material?

Yage has one of the best ambient acts i ever had seen

They rock on the chill-out,but i dont really like when they play on the dancefloor, it is way too melodic and has that girl siging all the time

They allways plays on big festivals here in Brazil and as i said it, their ambient acts is a must see.

Btw Mylo, i didnt know that they released a promo. How many tracks there is? and is it mostily ambient?dowbeat stuff or dancefloor material?

272113[/snapback]

9 tracks

If I remember correctly 3 ambient, 6 dancefloor. Girl vocal is only on 1 or 2. No tracklist tho. Yeah the downbeat is sweet :)

But I don't think they have "released" a promo. They just gave a cd to a mate of mine who's come back from Brazil. So you say they're pretty big over there?

So you say they're pretty big over there?

272223[/snapback]

No, not that big. They are being around for long, but they arent very famous besides to the ppl who go to festivals, as they dont play much on parties, execpt on their region

But they have respect