Nice FX and samples. I love the kick. It's strong and sharp but doesnt lack bottom. Nice. The bassline is nice, too. Maybe add a bit more variation in note length or volume. But nevertheless, very very impressive. I like the trippy FX. It might be my speakers but the Synthlines seem to get lost a bit. Maybe a bit sharper sound. I love the weird FXes at 3:20.

The whole thing could sound a bit "deeper" I think, probably it's the bass dominating the rest. Other than that, impressive track, I really like it, keep it up! :)

With my affection for oldschool goa trance it may seem I'm not likely to enjoy this sort of stuff, but in fact I have always loved some blackened chaos in my music. But when it comes to psy-trance, tracks promoted as dark seldom live up to it, and the noise is nothing compared to stuff from labels like ant-zen. So here's what I think of this one...

As mentioned in another feedback thread of yours long ago, I'm a fan of deeeeep kick drums. This one sounds like it ends at about 65-ish Hz (or even higher), but that means it can be paired up with a fat bass much easier. So it's a balance, I guess.

The first few minutes fail to grab me - it's perfectly fine technically and perhaps musically as well, but there is no real edge to it, it doesn't really get to me. The fact that there are none of those awful full-on mini-breaks gives it a hypnotic effect, which is nice. But you could go much more crazy with the sounds and the structure - it's not nearly as chaotic as some Schlabbaduerst stuff, for example, although still quite compatible with their style. This sounds a bit like a sobered-up Procs track...

All-in-all it's a nice night-time forest-style track, but somewhat forgettable for me. But thats what I think about pretty much everything nowadays, so feel free to ignore my whining =)

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I was not so sure about this one so it's nice to hear that you didn't think it was awful at least :)

@Cybernetika

I agree that maybe I made the bass is a tad too dominant....i do like strong and middy bass sounds usually, but a track this style might be better off with a sound that gives more room for the leads/fx.

I try of course to make it sound deep and with this track I did not do much reduction in the low mids on lead/fx sounds trying to maintain the fatness. I guess what I could have done on this track is to use more dist/saturation to warm and fatten the sound.

@Ukiro

Thanks again for taking time to review my tracks.

I'm happy if people think it sounds like "a nice night-time forest-style track".

Making stuff that works when played loud on a dancefloor in the forest/jungle is really what I am concerned with.

I love Shlab stuff in the night, and I agree with that their arrangements usually would be more interesting and chaotic compared to this track.

I do like many of their more simple and monotonus tracks as well as a complement in a set to make an interesting blend.

But now I'm making excuses...:)

I did want to make a really chaotic night track this time, and you are probably right that the arrangement should been more chaotic for this track.

Actually it's the first time what I can recall someone comment my music comparing it to another act....:)

Normally I don't really set out to do a certain type of music and just let the flow decide.

But this time I was deciding beforehand this time that I wanted to make a hard night track the influences might have become a bit too obvious.

Well...i better get back to making my stuff that neither the dark night freaks or fluffy morning fanatics like :)

I really appreciate to hear your opinions...in normal circumstances the only ones voicing their opinion is people saying they think all tracks are great, which is of course nice but pointless.

Normally I post tracks for feedback if I'm a bit unsure about them, but it would be interesting to hear your honest and valuable comments on the tracks that I'm happy with myself as well.

So if you happen to have a few minutes to check them out...here is some of my personal favorites:

Fresh one that turned out nice IMO:

Out Of Controller

One of my favorites from 2004:

Jack On

Usually the favorite of old-school fanatics:

Glitch