Suggestion for reviews..what do you think?

I would *really* like to see seperate track lists for the cd and ep/lp/comp sections for each album. It's a little misleading when you read the review, tracklisting, order the record and then discover the one track you ordered the whole compilation for is not included on the vinyl release (ie 1300 Mics - Salvia Divinorium..Assi:nations). Would anyone else like to see this or am I asking too much? I do check the tracklisting of a record before I buy it online but usually the tracklisting is taken from the cd anyway.

You're right rx7style, there is, but I'm talking about when the tracklisting of the vinyl release of a compilation differs from the cd release of the same compilation.

i don't know, maybe it would take too much extra space. and also too much time if you had to add this to all the older reviews. isn't this a thing you should check in the online shop before you order? normally they have a tracklist. and if i write a reveiw and only have the cd i don't know about the the tracks on the vinyl either. maybe it would work with the newer reviews but i could live without it...

Guest Von Stackelberg

Easy... just read hardcore vinyl addict's reviews like dieznyk's!! they usually say in their reviews if there's a track missing or something extra in the vinyl version!

... or, you could just stick to buyig CDs...

Guest Setsuko

that is the main reason why I stopped buying vinyl ...

I bought Reload from Deedrah and the the track 'reload' wasn't even on the album :(

then I bought the 3D Vision compilation Download and also the 'reload' track isn't on it :(

although the music sounds better on vinyl (deeper and clearer basses).

and sometimes the tracklisting is totaly wrong with the numbers on the vinyl...

I bought Infected Mushroom - The Gathering and this was what I got?...

record 1 - side 1 - Sailing in the sea of mushroom (I downloaded the original cd and this song is a total different one)

- side 2 - Nothing Comes Easy + None of this is real (there's only one breakbeattrack (but a good one) on this side which means the tracklisting on the vinyl is wrong AGAIN...)

I also had problems with the PSYSEX vinyl album...

now I buy cd but sometimes I miss the natural quality of vinyl :(

Guest [tom jaimz]

Setsuko - Reload was on a Hadshot 12"..

..and all the vinyl DJs I know are always complaining when they buy LPs that have tracks already released on 12s..

Pfft. Vinyl DJs. Never happy. ;-) I think it's because all us CD DJs play all their vinyl tracks after we've burnt them to CD-R. Then steal their girlfriends with our Pioneer Mixers. [strut]

Guest Von Stackelberg

Setsuko: no, I'm not a nazi. Von Stackelberg was a respected economist that made one of the fundamental theories of quantities produced by 2 competing firms... guess it's just the upcoming exams that are starting to bug my mind...

Ok, thankyou mars. If it's too much trouble then I can understand but thankyou for replying.

Tatsu I do check the tracklisting before I order but as I said in my original post most of the time the store uses the tracklisting from the cd.

People who are telling me to just buy the cd, well I use vinyl to dj..as far as I know you can't play a cd on a set of 1210's.

Thankyou everybody for your feedback :)