Lemurians - Secret Message

Basilisk

This really was one of those full-on releases that not only totally stood out from the majority of unimaginative, repetitive, full-on crap in 2004! I actually really enjoyed this album and I usually can't stand full-on because its BEEN sounding all too similar and just NOT creative or imaginative.

Lemurians - Secret Message is certainty one of the better (probably top 3) full-on releases of 2004, with enough catchy melodies, beats, and sounds to keep it interesting and fun through-out, ESPECIALLY for the dance floor, working out, or driving, where you aren't expecting really hypnotic and deep songs. This has some really solid, catchy songs without singing! The creative and rare but occasional eerie melodies and more existing lift-off sequences really made this album entertaining. This is on my top 20 best albums of 2004 and that might not seem like it says alot, but for me to give any album a B-, that USUALLY says a lot. This album would fall into the same category, but not style, as 1200 Mics new album, which is worth checking out too if you want a fun, party friendly, melodic full-on album that actually has some better thought and creativity invested for what it is. This is NOT a dark album, but it is night psytrance for sure. It just has some unique, cool melodies, really cool lift-of parts, and even some catchy, altered voices (not singing) to boot! There are no bad tracks on this 3456 0album, and I hope the next release by these artists is not good but great, with more layers and imagination. This IS their best album and more people should check it out.

B

Samples:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sst/sst1cd018.html

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't hear the lemurians album at the moment but remember that track 'angels dance' on compilation homemade 2003... perfect melody like it a lot... is this album in that sytle or not ???