Tantrance

vancbc

I've been having a lot of fun exploring the suggestions you guys left me in my "Help with Goa" thread. One of the purchases I made was Tantrance's Volume 2. It's the first Goa compilation I've laid my hands on, and I'm so glad I made the purchase. As a newbie I'm really excited with the tracklisting.

My question is this: Are all the albums in the Tantrance series on par with each other in terms of excellence, or were they hit and miss? Any outstanding recommendations from this series?

I think most of the other compilations in that serie are very nice too. Try and check out the reviews section. I think there's some reviews there. At least i saw Vol. 5 there. Good hunting :)

I would say the tantrance compilations like all compilations go with the evolution of goa... they started with goatrance at their first compilation to end in progressive & psychedelic trance with 11...

tantrance 2,3 & 6 are good goatrance and the progressive & minimal influences starts at tantrance 8, 9 -10 - 11...

hope I helped you out :)

These compilations are excellent for anyone trying to get an overview of the evolution of this genre, as well as getting your hands on the jewels among the thousands of tracks out there.

Remember that they were printed in very large numbers, so don't go paying too much for them. These show up on eBay and elsewhere on a regular basis. If you can find them cheap, the duplicate track appearances among the different series isn't a problem really as you'll find nice exclusive tracks on pretty much all of them. (Well, exclusive as in "not featured on any of the other major compilation series".)

Yeah, I agree about TanTrance serie, but I like a little bit more Pulse, first 6 volumes are great especially first three. Goa Head made first 5 great volumes. Get them all if you can...;)