where to purchase legal MP3's of Psytrance?

jonob

Hi everyone. New guy here. I've been reading reviews and posts for days now, and want to buy many of the CD's you guys are talking about. However, I live on an island in Brazil with no psytrance record stores, and Brazil has a 50-80% import tax on things shipped here, which makes international orders of CD's & vinyl purchased online prohibitively expensive.

Does anyone know of sites that operate like Apple's iTunes store that carry a large inventory of the psy ambient and psy trance artists reviewed here? I have friends in the States who use rhapsody, but I have a mac and rhapsody does not have a mac client. I prefer to buy digitally, either individual songs or entire CD's, when possible.

Or, if anyone knows of an online store in Brazil with good prices and service, please advise.

Thanks. Seems like a great community here. I am just getting into psy trance both as a listener and novice producer.

I operate as a label online...so no big inventory (about 60 tracks right now) but you can download 128k for free and check it out, and if you like there is both 320k and lossless (FLAC) to buy. www.resonantearth.com

There is a few places, like www.edmdigital.com that sell from various lables, but the inventory of proper psychedelic trance is quite limited.

www.audiolunchbox.com has some cds like Kaya project and Youger Brother

209006[/snapback]

audiolunchbox is very cool, though their selections are few in the psychedelic genre. If you search by label or artist, sometimes you find trance albums that aren't listed under Trance when you search by genre. there is an article on their site that says they were acquired by NetMusic Entertainment Corp and later this month the site will be expanded greatly in content. worth checking back.

There is not one single place that has a large variety of psytrance mp3s for sale, but there are a few places that carry a small number of labels. Here are the ones that I know off the top of my head:

www.clickatrack.com - carries many psy-prog labels from Germany and many from Scandanavia as well - only 192kbps, unfortunately (site is apparently temporarily down)

www.beatport.com - 320 kbps files, but only a few labels (Synergetic, Kagdila, Twisted)

www.trackitdown.net - not sure of bitrate, but quite a few labels (Soular Rec., Spiritual Beings, Alchemy, Dragonfly, Flow, Organic, Nano)

www.audiojelly.com - mostly 192kbps, but has several labels (Synergetic, Hadshot, Psychoz, Digital Structures, Chemical Crew)

www.xpressbeats.com - 320 kbps, Iboga Rec. only

www.karmadownload.com - not sure of bitrate (I think only 192kbps), but several labels (BooM!, Candyflip, Ceiba, Kagdila)

www.digitaldeejay.com - lots of formats, plus a couple labels (3D Vision, Organic)

I hope this helps!

another worthwhile mention:

http://www.ambient.us

Only for ambient and chillout, but really nice selection. Run by the owner of Spiralight records, if memory serves me. Ultimae, Interchill, and Candyflip all well represented, as well as a number of interesting independent ambient releases I've never previously heard of.

I've bought from Ambient.us, EDMDigital, and Beatport, and all were a pleasant experience.

I tried clickatrack, as I liked their selection (lots of prog-psy), but the website interface was a little unprofessional compared to the others, and they never sent my account activation email. Let's hope they get their act back together and get back online (with higher bitrate please?), as they definitely had potential; most all the other online download sites are focused on the progressive and house scenes, but clickatrack had more prog-psy than anybody.