what do you think ?

Guest kadafi

it doesn't bother me much actually...

but I can't understand the people who are waiting to get an autograph.... it's so typical pop-music: "ow yeah, I'm a big fan.... I got an autograph too!!!"

I mean, what does that matter?! ....

Guest Setsuko

that's what i thought too .. i mean , ofcourse Erez can't just ignore those guys .. but ... it's a bit exagerated imo ... another step forward to mainstream :-(

I'm very astonished ... I personally like an artist for what he produces, but asking him for an autograph ... really don't understand what motivates some people ... yes that's 100% mainstream attitude ......

Guest kadafi

mhmm.. Erez takes it very smooth indeed...

but, maybe he could clear up the point while he's there: why doesn't he make the whole thing look ridiculous (like it is actually) by writing 'just an autograph' on them or something like that...

or just by drawing a mushroom on those papers, for christs sake??!!

;)

yes, that picture was taken in the Union Fest, last year, and just to let you guys know how things move here: The Infected Mushroom are cuite popular in Mexico, almos like a pop artist...

that's sucks 'cus psychedelic feeling gets lost... no PLUR or none of those things...

I could never understand why anybody would ever ask for anyone else's autograph, no matter who they were (rock star, sport hero, DJ, whatever...). What's the point? What do they do with it? I must say that there are some musical artists I'd like to meet, but only to chat with, just to see what they are like. When someone makes what I think is amazing music, I'm always curious. I wonder what kind of person they are, but just as a curiousity thing, not to idol worship them.

Guest pesito

ok people...heres MY opinion....

That was the unionfest and It was such a big big event with thousands and thousands of people...mainstream? yes...... there was this psytrance floor and infected played the morning set...and u know how beautyfull it was...i mean, everyone dancing to infecteds with plenty energy looking at the sunshine behind them, i was just about to cry when the noice maker... never mind about that "mainstream" label, and feel the damn admiration we felt,... strong one...u just feel u need to have something to remember that moment and an autograph can fill that feeling for the moment...im shure the most of the people have already lost that piece of paper but in that moment its some kind of natural human responce,

I must admit that i was one of those who came for a sign and now i got a mushroom hand drawn in my jacket from infected...and im not embarraced... cuz when u got a pure feeling...anything else is just crap...djs r humans / audience too.

be natural

be authentic

@!#$ the labels and the labelers...

there r no rules!

be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Raider

Well said "pesito". I think it's cool to see so many people excited about a band, not because it's mainstream, but because they care and love the music. I wouldn't mind having a signed Infected Mushroom CD-cover... it would symbolize how much I respect the music, and how fanatic I am (and I'm probably not the only one! ;) )

Guest bugbread

Gotta agree...if a name on a paper makes you remember a great event, then get a name on a paper. My girlfriend and I saw an absolutely phenomenal set by Ubar Tmar out in the countryside, and after the show we saw him moving equipment to a truck, and decided we'd ask him for a picture. So we both have pictures with him, not because we're friends or anything, just to have a picture, but whenever I look at the picture I remember the event and am happy.

Guest Smaug

I would like to know why some people tend to get upset when someone says Infected Mushroom is getting more and more mainstream. I mean, its only natural for an amazing group that produces amazing music to go mainstream. Please explain.

Guest kadafi

sorry, Pesito, but I just don't understand...

Ok... their music is great and I 'worship' it too, I'd go crazy if I saw them live!!

but isn't it all about the music they make?! I mean, i can't understand how a little piece of paper means so much to you ... no offence though; if it really does mean so much, than it just does... but i can't comprehend that extreme fanaticism... like: "Erez touched me!" or "he gave this piece of paper; it's divine!" hèhè

if i'd want to remember the way i felt when i heard an amazing artist, then i think the only thing that will get me near to that feeling is putting on their music = the ultimate souvenir!!!

an not acting all fanatic about the artists, cause i don't think Erez likes this much.

Guest kadafi

Smaug, the answer to your question: (or at least my opinion)

I don't mind them getting mainstream, cause everyone has got the right to experience their music... And i don't have much bad feelings about the fact that the whole thing about Infected is getting commercial... as long as the music's good, no problem...

BUT some things about the 'mainstream' in particular are just plain stupid and sooo fake: like in the picture that started this topic => the basic question is: isn't it just ridiculous how human beings can act so histerical about a piece of MATERIAL (where Erez Aizen happened to write his name on here) ?????

It's stupid that people have such illusions ......

and the fact that this is now all happening to the psychedelic trance scene is just a pitty... I thought psytrance attracted only people who cared about truth, psychedelic spirituality or something like that... not about big names written on paper squares...

Guest Setsuko

btw , fanatics like that are the ones screwing up the review section .. no doubt about it ...

it's about the music people , not about the popularity of the artist ... don't you get it . well , I feel very sad and disappointed to say that there's NO TURNING BACK ...

Guest pesito

Ok...i have a piece of paper from infected.... but u still dont know me...U cant know how idiot I am, cuz u dont know me buddie.....

.If i learned something about all this stuff labeled "psytrance scene" is that u cant be shure of anything but the death....live is such an abstract thing.... right now i have all this ideas that i never thougt to, and im shure that in one year ill be completly different from now....so i cant even tell u r wrong!!!!cuz i cant be shure, i dont know everything!!! But i know something right now.... Im still having a mushroom hand drawn from infecteds aliens....those r persons wich i respect a lot....not 4 what they seem to be, or what they have, but what they made to my life... besides that, when on acid u oftenly beat ur ego apart, and then, there is nothing wrong about going to a music producer and tell him in a simbolic way how much u admire his work....

"Isnt it all about the music?" no way pal....its about life, its about learning, its about entheogenic experiences, spiritual world for me, trance and drugs turned my whole reality upside down...and it affected my life forever, even the life of my sons if i get to have....and theyr sons too....cuz its helping me to rewrite my whole life....

I have a shirt that have a big nike wing all across the front and the back.... Should i use it?...or i shouldnt, due to the fact that is fashion for some people....

I have this neighbour who is completly out of his mind....shes an old woman who lives alone and took all her frontal theets off....shes mad? lets say so....but i dont have the right to sentence that, cuz i dont know what turned her that way....maybe she knows something we dont and shes laughting at us.....

Authenticity is what this world needs...........take a minute to think the real meaning of authenticity........... from my point of view, labeling is what is destroying this wonderfull experience we r having.........

break all the rules and create new ones....beat the society paradigms....after all....u r alone in ur head.....and u r experimenting ur own world......

peace 4 u

Guest peaceful warrior

Right on Pesito! I agree with you and I think you really did an excellent job of explaining your views. I just can't understand people who think that they are so "real" but in reality they are the fakest people around. They blindly follow formulas and bias, trying so hard not to be like the "mainstream". And in so doing they lose their naturalness and thus distance themselves from the truth. If getting the signature of someone who you admire is wrong then any kind of souvenier must be wrong. In fact, caring to own any material would be wrong. According to this line of reasoning, taking a picture of somebody you love is ridiculous because after all isn't it the person who is important not an image of them on a piece of paper. Do these people really expect that life should be reduced to only things practical. That would be to deny much of what it means to be human. We enjoy art, poetry, dance, and MUSIC! These things are not practical but they affect us on a very deep level. So I don't think that having contact with the artist on that level is wrong. I do agree that idolizing anyone is not right, but having a high degree of respect and admiration for someone with some skill or knowledge which has guided or moved you personally is not only natural but is also right and proper. Some people above have characterized people who get autographs as worshiping not only the artist but also the autographed peice of paper as divine. I think this is not true in all but the most extreme cases and so that is for the most part just a false characterization. It is all about valuing things according to their worth. Life is about balance but there are no rules as to how to achieve that balance. Why define your views by being contrary to everything in the "mainstream". Judge everything with an open mind, free of preconceptions and I doubt that you will find yourself being consistently contrary to any viewpoint.

Guest peaceful warrior

Right on Pesito! I agree with you and I think you really did an excellent job of explaining your views. I just can't understand people who think that they are so "real" but in reality they are the fakest people around. They blindly follow formulas and bias, trying so hard not to be like the "mainstream". And in so doing they lose their naturalness and thus distance themselves from the truth. If getting the signature of someone who you admire is wrong then any kind of souvenier must be wrong. In fact, caring to own any material would be wrong. According to this line of reasoning, taking a picture of somebody you love is ridiculous because after all isn't it the person who is important not an image of them on a piece of paper. Do these people really expect that life should be reduced to only things practical. That would be to deny much of what it means to be human. We enjoy art, poetry, dance, and MUSIC! These things are not practical but they affect us on a very deep level. So I don't think that having contact with the artist on that level is wrong. I do agree that idolizing anyone is not right, but having a high degree of respect and admiration for someone with some skill or knowledge which has guided or moved you personally is not only natural but is also right and proper. Some people above have characterized people who get autographs as worshiping not only the artist but also the autographed peice of paper as divine. I think this is not true in all but the most extreme cases and so that is for the most part just a false characterization. It is all about valuing things according to their worth. Life is about balance but there are no rules as to how to achieve that balance. Why define your views by being contrary to everything in the "mainstream". Judge everything with an open mind, free of preconceptions and I doubt that you will find yourself being consistently contrary to any viewpoint.

Guest Setsuko

well yeah Pesito .. those are nice statements and i respect it a lot but I'm pretty sure not all those autograph collectors have the same point of view ... well , in some kind of way i want to ignore mainstream but you're wright peaceful warrior , i can't always manage to ... but it's when the scene realy get's mainstream , i mean .. to many newcomers will have another point of view compared with mine and the one of Pesito ... they'll just get this popularity feeling ... the parties will just be cool rave parties where you can take all the dope you want to .. and then we'll lose the essence of the psychedelic feeling , of the feeling of unity .. our community . Do not understand me wrong , i realy want this scene to grow ..everybody is allowed not matter what .. but when I entered the scene , the people showed me how to party , they laughed , hugging eachother ... being extremely friendly .. it was so wonderfull and i want to give this feeling to the newcomers too .. but nowadays it's hard to do because at parties the attitude is strange , I get this feeling the parties are just drugraves , to many poeple walk around like zombies , with agressive movements .. and i don't like that at all , and when the media will get to know this they just label the scene as a junkyscene .. like they do already :-( and that makes me feel sad ... but on the other side :-) .. the music released nowadays is soooooooo wonderful :-) I can't get enough of it ... so i'm still addicted , even more compared with a few years ago ... but i still have my thoughts on the autograph thingy ... it's to pop-a-like , i always get this intention of fanatic screaming girls and boys for their artist they worship and do everything for it to get the silly note , certainly when i see the picture of Erez .. hmmmmm ...