IFO

Cinos

Hehe, I read your reviews of family of light Jon Cocco, and i must say that your writing style has evolved quite a bit.

"Modulation is too drawn out, like my cock."

lol  :P

205044[/snapback]

:D

I wonder if you could actually pass a blind test to differentiate between high quality mp3 and CD audio. I agree that a good sound system is important, because it actually makes a huge difference, but the difference between good quality mp3 and CD is minimal. And then you can always do what I do and download flacs (lossless audio codec) instead of mp3s.

205048[/snapback]

I did some tests with my Girlfriend on my Genelec's and she could hear the diffrence between all of the played ones. All were 192CBR FS AND JS ripped. When I did the same on the computer speakers, she could not hear the diffrence :)

Did some tests with VBR too, and there she could not determine it at all. On none of the speakers.

So I really guess it has to do with the speakers AND the rip. I can sure hear the diffrence as well on my Genelec's (very hard with VBR, I must admit, though), but not on computer speakers, nor on Normal hifi speakers.

Edited by djnemo

Did some tests with VBR too, and there she could not determine it at all. On none of the speakers.

205187[/snapback]

Does this mean you would agree that the comment about dowloading was a tad bit exaggerated considering that even the scene rips are at least VBR these days? :)

Listening on a poor sound system can take away a lot from the listening pleasure, in some cases it's not even worth it I suppose, but if you have very hard time even differentiating mp3 and CD then that's hardly much a way from the enjoyment I'd say.