Dr. Poo, new sci trance from Magic Lamp

hi,

here is the latest sci trance offering from Magic Lamp

http://www.mtvdance.com/scitrance/sounds/dr%20poo.mp3

there are more tunes and also a selection of stuff that include things, items and objects on our site.

Cheers various,

you are right about the kick, it didnt quite sound so weak before i converted it to mp3, but no excuse, it'll be redone soon.

as for the rest, its meant to freak to you out ! (you should hear the second half !)

ian

Cheers various,

you are right about the kick, it didnt quite sound so weak before i converted it to mp3, but no excuse, it'll be redone soon.

Have you tried a little New York compression on that ?

as for the rest, its meant to freak to you out ! (you should hear the second half !)

You've got some really nice analogue sounding stuff there but it all sounds a little overpowering, not really letting the beats and grooves through. What instruments did you use for the synths sounds anyway ?

Andy

Have you tried a little New York compression on that ?

You've got some really nice analogue sounding stuff there but it all sounds a little overpowering, not really letting the beats and grooves through.  What instruments did you use for the synths sounds anyway ?

Andy

203912[/snapback]

Whats new york compression ?

Everything was done on reason v.1 through some powered Makies that a friend lent me, it also sounds too confused when i play it through my normal hi-fi ! Someone also suggested mixing and mastering.....er, um ? ? ? Lots to learn !

ian

not to offend u but when i wrote 'so it wont freak me out' i ment its gently boring...

just try to add perc. or somthing unique to make it more interesting =]

cheers

daniel

203929[/snapback]

Its ok, i'm not offended, ( mainly because it doesnt bore me !). Adding more percussion etc is more a personal preference and personally i think i need to emphasise the bits i am hearing rather than it becoming too 'expected' and 'predictable' but thanks anyway, it's just not the direction i have in mind. The problem is converting mind to sound ! . I'll let you know when the version 2 is done.

ian

Whats new york compression ?

It's a lttle compression trick to make the kick sound louder. Put the kick on it's own channel, route a aux channel to a compressor (with a lot of compression on it) and mix a little of that that back into the main output (probably before the final limiter but after the multi compressor).

I think thats about right. :unsure:

Andy

It's a lttle compression trick to make the kick sound louder.  Put the kick on it's own channel, route a aux channel to a compressor (with a lot of compression on it) and mix a little of that  that back into the main output (probably before the final limiter but after the multi compressor).

I think thats about right. :unsure:

Andy

204149[/snapback]

:ph34r: cheers !

didnt quite understand the limiter/multi compressor bit, but the first bit works (well its working better, i shall tinker on )

ian

10x for the info MoonMan!

Helpfull=]

& for 'magic lamp'...

Its not recommended to mess with Mastering =] which is a sensitive process.

204264[/snapback]

So ive heard, its been explained and demonstrated, but woosh, over my head. I'll take your recommendation and get the frequential dynamics evolved from the chaotic singularity that is the initial state, first.

observe !

ian