4. COR TEN

5. CONVULSE

6. EKKO

7. CONVERGE

8. LOCOMOTION

9. IN SIDE

10.CONSUMED

11. PASSAGE OUT

After reviewing his album Artifakts that was very good, I had to review this one that is even better than that one. This guy really knows how to make minimal ambience without sounding boring or bad. His creative way of presenting ideas are always precise and without any bull shit. This album is one of his best ambient works. It has very smooth, distinctive sounds and atmosphere. Even though it has minimal structure, he somehow manages to create certain world that goes into some primal realms. He uses great pads that just float into your brain. Everyone that like their brain massage should get this album cause it is not pretentious as some ambient releases tend to be. Richie Hawtin is one of the most prominent british ambient/techno artists. It is real shame he is not making this kind of music anymore. When I heard him live, he was playing pretty monotonous, yet energised minimal techno. I like all songs but the best ones are : CONTAIN, CONSUME, CONVERGE, LOCOMOTION, IN SIDE, CONSUMED...10/10

first of all... i luv the alboums with dark/black covers...one of them is richards "consumed"...low frequencies,abstrackt soundz,very trippy,paranoid ambient techno for "chill" in deed...?

* one of the best electronica albums ever *

• 3 months later...
Guest Astro Cortex

WOW!! I listened to it only two times yet, and already during the first time I came to the conclusion that it is indeed one of the very best albums ever in electronic music history. Damn, I'm so amazed! Haven't heard much that hypnotized me as intensely as this album did. It really grabs your mind and somehow lifts you up to a higher state of conscoiusness. Richie created a true masterpiece with Consumed. I particularly like the title track (10.), it's just the perfect trip imo.

I don't like plastikman at all :( ... can't figure it out which intentions the guy has...

I'm not saying it's bad music I just can't conncet :unsure:

WOW!! I listened to it only two times yet, and already during the first time I came to the conclusion that it is indeed one of the very best albums ever in electronic music history. Damn, I'm so amazed!

235771[/snapback]

Wow! Do I ever feel the opposite, hehe. ;) I heard Plastikman once back in the late 90's while sampling random techno and trance albums at some CD store. I was unimpressed. For me it was so boring, slow, lacking, just too minimal for my taste... like when does it pick up, it was to the point I couldn't take it anymore; I had to shut if off.. and I suppose the point is NOT to pick-up but damn I remember some kid recommending it, saying its so great! I remember being like, "Wtf? This has got to be the worst thing I've ever heard." But that was a long time ago and maybe I'd appreciate some of his stuff now.

So okay, while sampling his albums, I'm trying to see what some of you seem to clearly see: greatness, innovation, unique talent, well done work, something worth giving high ratings too... but I just can't get into this, as it would probably be far more effective in the backround or a movie to create mood; accentuate tone. I don't see what is so great or even good about it, and I'm not saying its bad, but its just not one of my prefered types of ambient/electronica I suppose. ;)

Samples are on www.amazon.com

Guest Astro Cortex

Of course it's minimal and repetitive, this won't "entertain" you as melodic psytrance does. It's all about the atmosphere on the one hand and the subtlety of composition on the other. It's a different level for sure. Either you dig it or you don't.