New Studio.

Guest djnemo

Hey all, just wanted to share what I have been building the last 2 days. Its not finished because the table underneath is not the one that should be there (I have to build that as well), and its not painted yet hehehe.

What does your studio look like? Here is mine (kind of)

Posted Image

MMMMMMMmmmmmm Looks nice Nemo ..

Wish my looked like that :)  With the C instead of the B 

One question , ur monitors .. arent they placed to close to wall ?

201779[/snapback]

Cheers mate, cool that someone appreciates my hard work hehe :)

Almost half a meter from the wall hehe, but a bit close yes. This is not the room where I will finally be in. I have a room that will become the studio in full. But for now it has to be in here hehe :)

hey man, looking good!!! so neat and tidy

dont have any pictures to share with you of my studio, cuz its not a studio...just a bunch of devices and cables and cds and.....anyways its a mess!!!

hopefully one day ill have a virus sitting next to my computer though as well...looking forward to the TI!

peace!

hey man, looking good!!! so neat and tidy

dont have any pictures to share with you of my studio, cuz its not a studio...just a bunch of devices and cables and cds and.....anyways its a mess!!!

hopefully one day ill have a virus sitting next to my computer though as well...looking forward to the TI!

peace!

201925[/snapback]

Thanks a lot ABN :) I am looking forward to see your "mess" some day :) I used to have a mess too. Took me a long time to get where I am today.

Damn, the TI, that is going to be right where the dj mixer is hehe. Well, when I can afford it...

Hehehe, If I would do that (Graffiti) on the walls here (Which I wouldnt have anything against doing) then my gf would have a fit hehe (Well I am not sure, but I think so, since she doesnt seem to like G. too much).

Did you by the way know that Rene from Beat Bizarre used to be a rather famous Graffiti artist?! You ever saw the words MOA in copenhagen?! Enough said, because I dont want to reveal his "illegal" identity :)

Hehehe, If I would do that (Graffiti) on the walls here (Which I wouldnt have anything against doing) then my gf would have a fit hehe (Well I am not sure, but I think so, since she doesnt seem to like G. too much).

Did you by the way know that Rene from Beat Bizarre used to be a rather famous Graffiti artist?! You ever saw the words MOA in copenhagen?! Enough said, because I dont want to reveal his "illegal" identity :)

202052[/snapback]

Damn.......you know your history :D

MOA is tagged all over Copenhagen :)

Actually i don't know beat bizarre very well.....i haven't heard any of his/their music i think. My favorite scandinavian artist is absolutely Ticon! i think Ticon are amazing as a live performer :D

Do you go to Live-shows in Denmark sometimes nemo?

Damn.......you know your history  :D

MOA is tagged all over Copenhagen  :)

Actually i don't know beat bizarre very well.....i haven't heard any of his/their music i think. My favorite scandinavian artist is absolutely Ticon! i think Ticon are amazing as a live performer  :D

Do you go to Live-shows in Denmark sometimes nemo?

202120[/snapback]

Monsters Of Art it means, very popular in the scene allover europe hehe :) I know Renee personally (one of the members), I believe he is still together with one of my better female friends from Sweden :) Shit I think I need to give them people a call sometime soon, havent heard from them in such a long time...

Ticon is also one of my favourite Swedish groups actually. I like the energy that they are producing.

You mean if I do live gigs in Denmark? Not anymore, I dont Dj there either. If you mean if I go to parties in denmark in general, then its a no too, since I live too damn far away from Denmark at the moment :( I used to go a LOT to Copenhagen. Even lived there for a while (In vesterbro hehe).

is that a laptop i see there? surely a desktop would have been a billion times better choice?

202125[/snapback]

traveller, thanks for the input.....

This is indeed a laptop. Its a P4 3.06GHZ (Standard Processor) 1GB of RAM (Standard RAM) 120GB of HDD (Standard HDD 7200RPM). It has 4 USB and 2 Firewire ports. Its built with standard PC components, so its very easy to Upgrade this "Laptop" Because its more of a portable PC than a Laptop really.

Other than that I will get myself a 64Bit AMD very soon, or even a MAC. But this computer is more than enough, and comes VERY handy when you want to play live somewhere.

Check out the Acer pages for the Model Aspire 17xx, they are VERY nice for a pretty cheap price (Since it uses standard components).

Monsters Of Art it means, very popular in the scene allover europe hehe :) I know Renee personally (one of the members), I believe he is still together with one of my better female friends from Sweden :) Shit I think I need to give them people a call sometime soon, havent heard from them in such a long time...

Ticon is also one of my favourite Swedish groups actually. I like the energy that they are producing.

You mean if I do live gigs in Denmark? Not anymore, I dont Dj there either. If you mean if I go to parties in denmark in general, then its a no too, since I live too damn far away from Denmark at the moment :( I used to go a LOT to Copenhagen. Even lived there for a while (In vesterbro hehe).

202126[/snapback]

Vesterbro is a really nice place, i only live 5 minutes away from there (Frederiksberg, if you know where that is)

When you come back sometime, you should see if there is a party at a place called "halvandet" (it's BIG) Infected mushroom, Astrix, Sub6 & Eyal yankovic where there at the 4th september - AT THE SAME TIME :D

Guest The Journey Man Project
:D Yeah nice studio... I'd put mine up but I've packed it all into storage coz I"m going overseas for 6 weeks in December... and als I"m waiting for the new virus ti to come out, will probably sell all my other synths to get this one :blink:http://www.roblogic.net/studio/gear/virus_ti.php I also just chucked out my computer, am going to Malaysia where computer parts cost next to othing so will be buying all my needs for a new super desktop :D and a second pc I"m building for my gaming habit :P

Vesterbro is Nice :)

Live 10 minuts there from also .. ( and go to school there too ) ...

I have a question .. everybody is speaking about this 64 bit thingy ...

I thought that the Os systems today only allow 32 bit .. ( and sequencers for that ,matter )

so what is the use ?

Vesterbro is Nice :)

Live 10 minuts there from also .. ( and go to school there too  ) ...

I have a question .. everybody is speaking about this 64 bit thingy ...

I thought that the Os systems today only allow 32 bit .. ( and sequencers for that ,matter )

so what is the use ?

202177[/snapback]

i don't know anything about the 64-bit thing either, i think i will buy a ASUS ncch-dl motherboard soon, & 2 X 3.0ghz Xeon processors.....

Ok, well, at the moment its true, there are no 64 bit versions of Windows yet. There are as far as I know no programs written for windows either for the 64bit platform. There is a BETA of XP 64bit. When Windows was moving from 16bit to 32bit most people said "I dont see why this should be neccesary...most programs work in 16bit, why should I get a 32 bit platform...", well the rest of the story is a known fact, you dont find any 16bit applications anymore (yes there are some, but I doubt that anyone here uses them hehehe).

So I am going to prepare for the revolution, and as far as I know, windows 32bit can be installed on a 64bit computer. Then I will just have to wait. Performance should be the same (if not a LITTLE tiny bit better).

Next year MS want to release the XP 64 version, because Intel is going to release their processors then. Intel however is very slow, and have actually failed several attempts already, because of a problem with Overheating processors. Hahaha, the funny thing here is that AMD used to have that problem, but now Intel has it instead.

More than that, you can read on this homepage about the 32 vs 64 bit.

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1665

http://www.amd.com/

Happy reading mates :)

Ok, well, at the moment its true, there are no 64 bit versions of Windows yet. There are as far as I know no programs written for windows either for the 64bit platform. There is a BETA of XP 64bit. When Windows was moving from 16bit to 32bit most people said "I dont see why this should be neccesary...most programs work in 16bit, why should I get a 32 bit platform...", well the rest of the story is a known fact, you dont find any 16bit applications anymore (yes there are some, but I doubt that anyone here uses them hehehe).

So I am going to prepare for the revolution, and as far as I know, windows 32bit can be installed on a 64bit computer. Then I will just have to wait. Performance should be the same (if not a LITTLE tiny bit better).

Next year MS want to release the XP 64 version, because Intel is going to release their processors then. Intel however is very slow, and have actually failed several attempts already, because of a problem with Overheating processors. Hahaha, the funny thing here is that AMD used to have that problem, but now Intel has it instead.

More than that, you can read on this homepage about the 32 vs 64 bit.

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1665

http://www.amd.com/

Happy reading mates :)

202229[/snapback]

I have read several benchmark test's of Xeon V.S. AMD (can't remember the name), and the AMD got smacked :)

As far as i know, AMD for is mostly gamers, Intel better for serious & demanding work

I have read several benchmark test's of Xeon V.S. AMD (can't remember the name), and the AMD got smacked  :)

As far as i know, AMD for is mostly gamers, Intel better for serious & demanding work

202301[/snapback]

From what I heard and have read, the 64 bit opterons still outnumbered any Intel processor out there... AMD for me has been taboo for a long while since they really had heating problems, but they seem to have found out what the problem was, and now have solved it.

I will still chose the AMD the AMD processor each processor has its own memory bank, and also has access to the other CPU's if needed, each processor has it own memory controller as well, which Xeons dont have (And will not have in the future most probably). This comes handy when you are using a lot of FX and VSTi's.

I am aiming at a dual CPU setup, so the choice for me is pretty obvious.

For Multimedia handling (Yes, and that includes gaming) the AMD kicks Intels ass hehe. For database handling, as well (AFAIK). I dont know where you got your figures from, but I think the figures were based on 32bit AMD CPU's.

Please keep in mind that Intel has no working 64 bit CPU yet hehe.

Intel better for serious & demanding work

Hehehe, this is also what Microsoft says about Linux ;) I would not believe anything out there, what the big boys are telling you... not to sound patronising or anything, but I think you need to look for alternatives sometimes.

I am gladly going to support the uprise of the next generation, and I dont care if it is AMD or Intel, but AMD at the moment are the only working solution, and Intel are dragging it out like hell.

Microsoft do NOT release their 64BIT version of the OS, BECAUSE of Intels failure to produce the processors. I think they know that Intel will loose the WHOLE market if they release the XP 64 bit version today. Well, and thats something that "partners" dont do to eachother is it? :)

Sorry, my Danish is not that good to follow them, I speak it fluently, but I simply cant read it and make any sense out of it. I have read a lot of testings where the AMD sure kicked the AMD's processing time and memory handling. When you are working with VSTi's and a lot of effects, that is what you need. That and a lot of "good" memory of course.

I wish I had the money to do the testing myself, to convince myself of the best instead of trusting other peoples judgement hehe :)