2. BABY HELICON

3. HENTAI

4. REVERSIBLE

5. ELECTRIFY

6. FLASHBACK ( RMX OF GMS )

7. HAIKU

8. MAJESTIC WISDOM

9. PANDORA'S BOX

Seeing that no one reviwed this album, I decided to do it considering that is amongst the best one from this year. Maybe new Juno Reactor will beat it but don't know. Micky and Uriel decided to go even more further in developing their sound and they deliver us maybe their best album by now. Previous one, Elecktro Theater was very good, best by that time, but this one is even better. They started to use lots of melodies, which is what drives you on this album, but the album is not entirely melodic. It is pretty clever album, and it has more concept than any previous one. CYBERMANCY wasn't that good, CYCLOTRON was pretty minimal and progressive at some stages but it was good. ELECKTRO THEATER was smooth, bouncey and wild at some stages and their best until this one which just takes you to another dimension. All songs have certain bass melody which drives you and make you dance non stop. I like all songs but the best ones are : BABY HELICON, HENTAI, ELECTRIFY, HAIKU ( ! ), PANDORA'S BOX...9/10

I love the GMS remix to death...the rest of the album--to me--is only so-so...I thought Elecktro Theatre was a little better (although it was a little bit samey, as is the case with this album)...

Anyway, I think these guys are capable of much more...I REALLY wish psytrance acts would spend more than 6 months on an album and be a little more idealistic about it, these guys included...because, they're definitely onto something. If I was a DJ I'd ownt his album just for the GMS remix...what a great climax...

well I don't agree at all... for me this is one of the WORST albums of the year!! Wizzy have gone incredibly cheezy (hint: this album is released by Spun Records... I think that says it all). If you ask me, these guys debuted with a so-so album (Cybermancy) in which we could see that they were still young and were capable of much more. Then they made a very good album where they took the ideas of the first album to a more "mature" level: Cyclotron... and then they totally went downhill... Now they sound very much like the usual GMS sound... Yes it has more melodies than their older stuff, but those melodies are so incredibly cheezy!!

There actually isn't a SINGLE track on the album that I found above average!!!

Oh and I've heard some people mention that you could hear a lot of electro influences on this album... I don't know where they got their copy but I haven't heard a single electro influence in there!!

3/10...

• 1 year later...

Haha. Funny with the reviews above ... This is a copy of my discogs review.

Recognize how when you witness something overly happy, it can come across as dark and scary? A couple of years ago I visited Stockholm right before x-mas with a girlfriend and one night we happened to check out the window decorations in one of the malls. It was these huge x-mas decorations with deers and trolls and elfs, dworfs and shit. All frozen in ear to ear smiles, with big eyes shaking the jingle bells and rocking forth and back. All the time smiling like maniacs. It didn't take two seconds before we agreed these decorations were shit scary!

This somewhat describes my approach to Wizzy Noise. Their full on type music may come across as cheesy with the seemingly easy effects they use and the general arrangement of the tracks. But ever for a brief moment find an interval border cheesy and the Wizzy boys' reply will be to repeat it. That's when their music escapes any hits on the cheesy o'meter. Just when you may think things are approaching cheeziness, you just gotta go one level deeper and the smily faces are off again. Yeah, the Wizzy boys have perfected this recipe and all the tracks here are more or less built around the same formular. A solid theme towards the end and one hell of a kick ass full on motherfucker of a ride to get there!

And I love nearly every second of it. They should have left out the insane baby whining on Baby Helikon, though. Well, perhaps I just haven't dug deep enough yet, but in all honesty I doubt that ... ;o).

But definitely another strong full on Wizzy style album here. And if you like it be sure also to check out Sabotage Part I and Elecktro Theater. These follow the same path of thoughts. ;)

• 2 years later...

Every time someone mentioned Wizzy Noise i strangely correlated it to something crappy and I was immediately reminded of cheesy music without even listening to them once. Dunno why, sometimes don't you automatically put a certain feeling to a particular name , you just tend to do it without there being a rational reason behind it?

Well I was pleasantly surprised when i heard this album for the first time today. I was blown away by 2 tracks in particular; baby helicon and hentai. Amazing sound!!! I love the way the play with the bass notes .. taking you up and down, in and out , wanting to stomp in an open field with the wind against your face. It could well have sounded cheezy if they'd overdone it with the melodies or used a different bass ... thank god they didnt. :D

Very good intelligent dance music IMO.

I need to check out the other albums now.

:clapping: