Studio Headphones

Hi:)

what are some good headphones for producing music/using in the studio?

also whats the industry standard?

thanx

196906[/snapback]

Check out the Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro (closed) and DT-990 Pro (open). Very good studio monitoring headphones.

Best i have ever heard. http://www.beyerdynamic.co.uk/beyer%20pages/studioheads.html

I guess an open design would be better than a closed design.

If you have a pair of closed headphones, try pressing them harder onto your ears and you will notice that the low frequencies becomes much louder, that is not good if you are going to use them for mixing.

I use a pair of sennheiser hd590 when im mixing at night and don´t want to bother my neighbours. They sound great but i try to use my monitors as much as possible, i think it´s more difficult to mix with headphones. Always be careful when using headphones, if you play them too loud you´ll damage your ears. :o

I am using AKG 271 Studio Headphones. They are the best that I have tried so far.

K 271 Studio – auto-shutoff feature for onstage and studio use

The closed-back, circumaural K 271 Studio provide maximum isolation from high ambient noise. They are also ideal for any application where no leakage from the headphones is allowed, e.g., in TV/broadcast work. The speakers switch off automatically on taking the headphones off, a very useful feature for studio use.

http://www.akg.com/products/powerslave,id,...,mynodeid,.html

They also look very OldSchool! Reminds me of the ones that my father had when I was a kid (Well, he still has them, but I am no longer a kid).