HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO MAKE YOUR TRACK FOR THE CONEST

Guest CompleXz

Hi ya.

I was just wondering how long it took for some of them who have entered the contest to make there track????

And what program you used to make the track????

What do you prefere the most Hardware synths or software synths????

Cheers

CompleXz

Guest dE-fECT

counted in days, maby like 7-9 (for the basic stuff) some thing i dont know.. and like 8-9 more days just siting and make stuff sound beter. =).. i dont know..

i prefere hardware, but i just dont have the cash right now to get any. =(.

but i´ll get it some day. (i´m still young.)

why i prefere hardware is that the software sound, sounds more flat.

if you´ll know what i mean.

Have a nice day.

/Rickard Nilsson "dE-fECT"

(my Englich spelling isent good i know.) hehe..

Guest spiralix

HeHE! :) I also prefere hardware stuff.. shiny pices of metal and blinking diods. yummie!: ) and nice round knobs to twist and hrmmm..

:)

Btw my song took about 3 days to finnish..

Guest PortaMento

>HeHE! :) I also prefere hardware stuff.. shiny pices of metal and blinking diods. yummie!: ) and nice round knobs to twist and hrmmm.. <

Exactly! But you forgot to mention wooden panels ;) Well it's not a must, but I do love this fusion of wood and metal.

Btw "Spirit Guide" is one of my favourites :)

I made "Purple Liquid" over af period of 2 months, but if we're counting work days, it probably took around 2 weeks.

Guest dE-fECT

PortaMento:

do you put tracks on the net somewhere?

i totaly love that track, it´s realy nice...

Thats what the world need, FULL on Psy-trance.

nice jobb...

CompleXz:

many thanx...

Guest PortaMento

dE-fECT:

Thanx, I'm happy to hear that :)

You can find the latest versions of my newest tracks at my own site

www.portamento.dk

The rest of my tracks is on mp3.com

www.mp3.com/portamento

Guest 5meo-geo

well Agalactia and me made Ficus in less than 20 hours before mastering

Agalactia worked abit on mastering alone and made the track perfectly mastered :)

boom all

Guest spiralix

PortaMento

I was going to say wooden panels.. but i didnt know how to formulate it! hehe!

Mono/poly is one of the leed sounds in spirit guide! :)

Guest dE-fECT

CompleXz;

just downloaded your track.. thats a REALY nice track. "The Undavalli Caveman".

what gear do you use?

PortaMento:

What gear do you use?

5meo-geo / Agalactia:

nice track. nice nice nice.

Guest CompleXz

Hi dE-fECT

Thanks alot mate!!! I´m glad to hear that someone likes my track ;D

I only use : MK-149 Evolution Midi Keybord, Access Virus KB Synth, Cubase VST/32, Battery and Waves Reverb and Delay plugins.

If you would like to hear more of my tracks or would like to read more info

on what else I have then goto www.mp3.com/complexz

Thanks again dE-fECT.

PS

I want to buy a Virus KC!...my god it looks good!!!! ;D

Guest Epsilon

"I want to buy a Virus KC!...my god it looks good!!!! ;D"

Hoho. Poor guy. My KB broke down so I sent it back to music store and the funny part is that they send me a brand new KC when they get them on stock instead of KB. Hooray!

Guest haemogoblins

It took me 3 days to finish the track primitive side (not full days) using an Atari ste with creator. I prefer hardware synths and have a bassstation keyboard as my only analogue synth and an ms 2000 (digital but nasty and lush at the same time), the rest comes from my trusty emu sampler.CompleXz dont worry too much about what you use to make your music on or with. The main thing is that your music comes from within you and and can move people to dance or trance out to.

Guest dE-fECT

i think that i´ll buy a "Super nova2 / 3" when i get some cash. since i like the sound from the "Super nova" alot,. mmm and maby a new Computer to.. since i´m siting on a p200.. =) haha.. thats kinda funny.. NOT. since the cpu was at 95% all the time when i composed my track. =).

blah.. i what to start to Build upp my studio soon. glash blash.

yeah yeah.. i´ll get it some day.... hoho.

Guest Aum Wizard

it took about 3-4 months to finish my track (Liquid blue vision), cuz it went on hold and made from scratch several times cuz of lack of inspiration.

but i've just finished it at the last day of the contest ;)

Usually when I get mad inspiration things just go very fast, 2-3 days to the final mixing when Im within the flow of the tao.

Guest NeOHeliX

well, for my track, "A PsyTrance Nation, it took me nine (9) days to complete the track and about an hour a day finalizing it when i heard about the contest to make the track more interesting and fulfilling. I cant wait until the next contest because i have a killer track ready for all you guys called "Approaching A Black Hole." But hopefully by then, i will have completed the song (its still in the beginner stages) or even more to look forward to, making another song which tops that one!

later,

peace NeOHeliX

Guest Jikkenteki

My track was actually started last July together with a friend back in Japan. I ended up completely scraping most of the arrangement several times over and eventually pulling out my parts and starting over with a new track. This current version came together very quickly over the course of about a week, but then I had alot of the parts already written so...

Guest serotonot - hypoteekkiyhd

our track, which is coming among the last track to the list took about 2 months of working, though we didn't make it all the time. Had to wait for an inspiration once in a while. Anyhow it has taken more than other track that we've made