goa or thailad??

me and my friends want to travel somewhere this winter but we dont know where to...we have mainly thought about goa or thailand (koh pangan) anyone have any thoughts on where to go?? ive heard that there are not many parties at goa at all these times, trouble with police and such, and that threre are more parties as thailand?? are these roumors true??

well i dont have mirc...i dont have any such chat-programs so it wouldn´t matter : )

but i still want some info! so if you could write down a little of what you know or email me i would be VERY glad!

Guest :-D a a n

i've been to goa last year. around christmas/newyear's there was enough party for my liking. in january there were parties too, a couple a week i guess. some of the parties were big and have good sound and music and lots of nice people.

a friend, who was in goa too, went to thailand this summer, but she didn't like the parties so much. too many diffrent soundsytems too close to eachother.

but than, another friend told me he was on very nice party in the forest in thailand...

enjoy!

Come to Goa!, there will be enough parties! ... Big acts coming down this year, too! .. Jan/Feb will be good! Every evening 9 bar is always on!

thanks for all the answers....

but how does one know where the parties will be? i guess they dont send out flyers to everyone nowadays. are threre any special cafe´s one should visit and ask around??

and how far does one come with english down there?

9bar in vagator has music from 18:00 till 22:00 hours (in this way they act according to the law, so it's "on" everyday). i guess you could ask around there. for a big party they would hand out flyers or announce it through posters at toilets. parties at the banjam (?) tree in vagator are really nice, like last year's "reflect your dreams" and "swedes up the trees" parties. this certain tree has a nice location just above the beach, the tree provides shade.

hill top motels has a confined space where big parties are held.

both places are in vagator.

in anjuna there is (or was) a venue that has parties, Paradiso. Their flyers have words like "lounge" and "V.I.P." on it, indeed their style is a bit slick.

but what about sweden? any nice partes there? anyway for a foreigner to find out about them?

actually im from sweden : ) and that´s not enough...i am to have a big party!! everything is not set by now though, but we will bring logic bomb for sure, prob kox box and some others. we had plan about 300-500 guests depending on where we can have the party. it may be for two days, we´re not sure about that either. if you are intrested mail me! and so can everyone else who reads this : )

Guest green mouse

I heard very very good things about Thailand...apparently last year on Koh Panghan was a blast....I know some ppl who went for 2 weeks...but stayed 3 months...and they told me it was fantastic......I think both places are nice to go to...also Trancoso, Brasil....have been hearing very nice things about Trancoso as well....

hm, maybe it is time for me to travel to brasil or thailand or india also....the problem - noone to travel with...all my friends with money don't have the time, those who have the time don't have the money....

Guest psy-fi

and it is said that it doesn´t cost anything to live down there...how long can you live on...say 100 euro??

and how do you live threre (hotels?? etc??)

don't know aobut thailand...but india is real cheap...and if ur good at bargaining..its much cheaper than it already is. i was there over summer for 2 months travellin' all over and spent about $ 1,000. hotels? it depends on how much ur willing to spend...ranges from anywhere from Rs 100 (~$2) - 500 (~$10) and food shouldn't cost you more than $10/day if ur willing to feast. (obviously u have to hunt for places) unless ur brave enough to check out the dhabas;-) which have awesome food for a very good deals (my fav places to eat). and if ur up for travellin' try using the trains...comfortable and cheap. u can also rent out motorbikes in most citiez and the price is different from city to city. again, shouldn't be too expensive; ~$2-5/day. and if u take the autorickshawz...remember to reduce the asking price by 50%...(which also appliez elsewhere;).

just realized u asked for "goa"...but what the hell...go down to karela while ur there...its south of goa and is a real nice place to relax...don't know about the partiez down there though...u could check out gokarna on ur way down;). (manali will be real cold)

yeah, for us life's cheap in india. and the railways are disproportionally good consindering the prosperity of the country.

getting a train ticket can be difficult, though. for many poplular destinations there's a waiting list, and you have to book your "sleeper" ticket several days in advance. in many cases there are special tourist quota, meaning there's less of waiting list, or not one at all. some stations have special tourist counters, which enable you to avoid the long "queue's" (masses of people elbowing their way to the ticket window). be aware of touts trying to get you out of the station to travel agencies that are there to rip tourists off.

enjoy! ;-)

Hi:)

interesting thread!

Im lookin for some place to go also....something warm (india/thailand/brazil)

and i was wondering if its save to travel around on ur own in these places..

cuz i heard some bad stories...

peace,

Guest Luna Tic

I would have to recommend Australia this summer if you can get here, will be one to remember, like nothing ever witness b4. Killer parties constantly and an incredible amount of quality djs will be here this year.

Good weather as well. 3 months in Oz, 1 month in New Zealand and by then you probably won't want to leave.

i guess australia is good partying, but than, in between parties, you're in a country that's pretty much like the country you are from, culture wise.

truely mind altering things like the madness of an indian city, the tranquility of a budhist monastry, the beauty a hundu temple, the sight of dead bodies floating in the river ganges, the smell of cow dung and curries, things like that you don't find in australia, i think.

partying is much nicer after experiences like those.

Guest WoodWormateriX

Go to thailand!! it rockz.. i've been there two times and i want to go again!!

im från sverige oxå =)

lots of partys there every day! go to kho samui and kho png nang..!!!

I'd been lookng forward to Koh Pha Ngan for about 10 years; when I finally got there I was a little dissappointed with the FMP. Too many soundsystems all playing different sounds, too difficult to really get down and into a groove.

People okay, but some very snobby ferral travellers who think you have to have 80% body tattoos and your eyeball pierced to know what's cool or not.

Guest Luna Tic

Then for a true experience, Goa walks all over Thailand.

Except when the parties aren't going on at all, which happens.

Guest daksinamurti

Goa was the full-on blast last year,three days of acidance labelparty and not very much tourist because of the pakistan-indian conflict.But this year im trying out thailand (because ill play at the moondance party).

ps.beware of police i heard rumours that they are now also closing down roads at daytime and fish out foreingers

calculate 1 gramm-1 year of prison

Shiva power to all of you!!

dak

Guest TranceNik

Goa is ÏÞÅÎØ ÏÞÅÎØ ÈÏÒÏÛÁÑ ÍÕÚÙËÁ ÍÙ ÉÚ òÏóóÉÉ ÇÏÒÁÄ ûáèôù ÐÒÉÛÌÉÔÅ ÎÁÍ ËÁÓÅÔÁË × ÇÏÒÁÄ ÎÁÛ ÁÔÏ ÍÙ ÔÕÔ ×ÓÅ ÓËÏÒÁ ËÏÎÉ Ä×ÉÎÅÍ RESPEKT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!