CDJ 100 - please help!!!! :-(

i've bought two cds 100 from pioneer on ebay and received them yesterday. unfortunately one of them does not seem to work. i can insert the disc but the player is not able to read it. on the display the track nr. is indicatet but no running time and after some time the track number switches to zero. the player is also making some soft noises i allready know from a regular cd player i have which is also dammaged and is not able to read discs. so i guess the lense is dammaged from that cdj. am i right or did i just make a stupid fault while playing with the cdj? would it maybe help to insert a cleaning disc or is this not possible with this insert slot?

thanks for your help, am really desperate at the moment... :-(

thanks, then i will have to get it repaired in a shop i guess.

Guest JanUa

that bites! ... did you mail ebay about it? there has to be a guarantee, not? don't spend more money on something that you already payed for.

let us know how it worked out allright?

well, i sent an email to the seller and i will wait for his answer. i think as soon as i have his answer and if it's not a good one i will report him to ebay. i searched a little in the ebay stuff but i haven't found a guarantee for that so far. i also mailed an electronic store to ask how much it would cost to replace the lense. maybe the seller agrees to give me the money back i need for the repair. or he takes back the damaged cdj and gives me half of my money. stupid thing is that he lives in usa and i'm in switzerland so i don't think there will be a way to get my money back if we can't agree on a solution. this really sucks!!! but thanks for the support, i allready feel a little better now...

Guest roopak@procyonrecords.com

ouch tatsu...my deepest sympathies :-((

i know how that can feel. i was travelling a lot during the time i got my cdj's and i could barely spend a total of 3 hours with my 'babies' during the first month i had them...and it hurt...

hope you find a solution!!

Guest ether

maybe its the lense or the cd...does this problem occur with other cds beside the one which you tried it with initially.

I thought my diskman, was broke when I tried playing tip comp 'beyond colours'(or something like that) on it. It played on all my systems except my cdjs and that diskman. Hopefully this is the problem...a lot cheaper to fix :)

I say if the guy refuses to give half back or pay for the repairs, kick his teeth in ;) j/k

thanks ether, but i've tried several cds on the cdj and none worked with it. on the second cdj all played fine. unfortunately i can't get to my email so i don't know if i have to kick someones teeth in or not!! ;-)