Second Beatle to go

Guest Eshanti Brahman

oki,nobody seems to care about this so I'll write many time and post them under this topic so it will attract people 'cause they will they this is a hot topic when they see the number of people who have replied to my topic. hehehe i am so clever.....

Guest Eshanti Brahman

Elysium! So you are here.......man sad news. Its so amazing who many lives the Fab Four affected. Lennon died a year before I was born so this is my first-time experience. This is a bit differant than Kurt Cobain comitting suicide.....Harrison has been around i several decades. And the incredible thing was that he was making songs this fall!

Guest Eshanti Brahman

Whats your fav Beatles song by the way? I have two: "Fool on the hill" and

"Across the Universe"

When I listen to "Fool on the hill" I picture a guy standing on a hill in the british countryside at the sunrise. And the man has a "Shpongleface" like the one with the pipe coming out of his head. This poor lonely Shpongle-fella standing and turning in slow pase 360 degrees and watching the sun come up over the great

crops. I get this strong assosiation everytime I listen to it.

Both of them are pretty mellow but so pure honest songs!

Guest Elysium Project

Best beatles album: Yellow Submarine or Magical Mystery Tour

check this out..

http://www.hollywoodandvine.com/yellowsubmarine

or go to the official beatles site.

http://www.thebeatles.co.uk

NB!!!! requires shockwave plugin

and here is a lot of george harrison (i could not find hisfficial site)

http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Music...rrison,_George/

or

http://hollywoodandvine.com/georgeharrison/

Guest Mescalinium

Yes, George's death is a tragic loss. It's impossible to ascertain the full effect the Beatles have had on 20th century music, but I think it's safe to say that everything would be different and a lot duller were it not for these four lads from Liverpool. Anyway, my favorite *George Harrison* songs are Here Comes the Sun and Within You Without You - great eastern influences.

Guest what???

damn, 2 of my heroes dead in the same month: kesey and then the quiet beatle.

the impact of george's life and music should not be underestimated. besides writing beautiful songs, being a fantastic guitar player with a sweet voice, he played a major role in bringing the sounds and rhythms of india to the western world. his influence on the world of music is still being felt (listen to "the inner light"... my god, throw a breakbeat or 2 in there and it could be released on any ambient album right now.)

peace.

A great loss to the world... the beatles gave us something special and it is sad to see people like George Harrison leave us. Society has lost one of its richest assets.. my condolonces to whomsoever was affected by this great loss..

One of the things I respect the most about the late great George was that asides from writing some of the Beatles most poignant music, he also stuck with the Indian culture and spiritualism that he embraced so long ago. It's all to easy to do something 'cool' and then leave it behind when the rest of the world move on to another thing - but he remained commited. I think he had a modesty and integrity lacking in a lot of famous people.

bomble