Blue Room

I know there was a topic about Blue Room a couple of weeks ago and whether they are still alive.

Not sure how or if that topic got resolved, however I got confirmation this morning that they are NOT going to be releasing any more tunes. It's over - kaput.

The back catalogue is selling fast, a ton of stuff was shipped to South Africa and the rest of everything is being sold via www.recordstore.co.uk.

So anyway I think this is really sad, obviously they are doing what they are doing and we can't change that but... I am thinking about writing a sort of little obituary of blue room for the places I freelance on, as far as I'm concerned they put out some kick ass releases which helped make sure I was full on into this music and everything about the scene, and I'm guessing I'm not alone here.

So basically if anybody wants to contribute something like their favourite blue room release, or thoughts on the passing of a label or whatever, post em here and I'll wind it all up in the obit.

Cheers, and sniffles,

Damion

Where would we have been without these:

Acid Rockers Mind Set 2001

Deviant Electronics Blunt Instruments 2000

Eternal Basement Magnet 2000

Galaxy Solar Synthesis 2000

Juno Reactor Shango 2000

Saafi Brothers Midnight's Children 2000

Spectral Diffuse 2000

Cydonia In Fear of a Red Planet 1999

Total Eclipse Access Denied 1999

Alien The Pleasure Of Leisure 1998

Anesthesia PVC 1998

Galaxy Angel 1998

Johann Bley Blow Your Mind 1998

Metal Spark Corrosive 1998

Montauk P Def=Lim 1998

X-Dream Radio 1998

Juno Reactor Bible Of Dreams 1997

Koxbox Dragon Tales 1997

Saafi Brothers Mystic Cigarettes 1997

Cwithe Illegal 1996

Etnica Alien Protein 1996

Juno Reactor Beyond The Infinite 1996

Total Eclipse Violent Relaxation 1996

The Infinity Project Mystical Experiences 1995

Total Eclipse Delta Aquarids 1995

Well, I know they are not ALL pure classics, but still... These are some amazing titles, and Blue Room will ALWAYS be among the best labels there was...

Blue Room - Rest In Peace!

What a long strange trip it's been... (Grateful Death)

DeathPosture

man I had no idea saafi's mystic cigarettes was 1997 - still sounds fresh now.

Wasn't X Dream's Radio single on Blue room - that was kinda pivotal

Incidentally I saw a pair of their blue room minipod speakers last week.. in joey's apartment in friends.psy is everywhere :)

Guest Mescalinium

blue room will always be my favorite label: their releases are what got me into trance!!! the first electronic music album i bought was juno's bible of dreams. they will be missed............ =(

As Iain Rive told me last year-"we never got any fuckin money from them"-however as much as you try to deny it, they were the start of what we know as the quality Psychedelic trance sound. I still have my reflecter Blue Room sticker on my car!

Guest trancer

Etnica - Alien Protein, the best cd ever created in Mans history together with I.F.O. I would not be what i am today without this cd..have made me see things diefferent. Words can not descripe the joy i have experienced with this cd. Starship 101, Screaming butterfly...also the masterpiece X-Dream - Radio that made our scene what it is today (good or bad) but know one can't denie it's a masterpiece..also the Plastic which is the EP ever..

RIP blueroom...

i am sad :(

Actually Blueroom started selling off their overstock in the summer of 2001 - that's when I found out that they were closing down. They sold their music direct for silly prices (18 cds for £18 - 30 Euros). It is a great shame, but the label never really made much money. They are concentrating on the pod speakers which are selling really well (and have appeared on every commercial and tv show recently). I have a friend (Humphrey from L.S.D) who has the entire Blueroom collection including many unreleased things - he was asked to compile a cd of the best of the unreleased tracks, but that fell through. I am hoping to get hold of some of the lost stuff sooner or later, because it is a label that was never afraid to experiment and push boundaries. I am sure there's a lot of stuff that I would like that they never released.

bomble

I'll ask him - I am hopig he'll come over to stay with me for a while and we can sift through the pile !!

bomble

Guest trancer

aight..drop an email man..I can offer money and i have tons of unreleased etnica/pleiadians/crop circles (not the ones on mp3.com) with great quality...please talk to him..PLEASE!!!!!!!! :)

BOM!

Signs Of Life...

All the tracks were great, and the vinyl artwork was great too (don't know about the cd)... Best of ambient together with Mystery of the Yeti and Shpongle stuff. We 'll miss you Blue Room..........