frozen dream

electrosundoubletroubleat3.jpg

Electro Sun - Double Trouble Nov 2007

TrackList:

01. Electro Sun - Double Trouble
02. Electro Sun & Visual Contact - Facing the Future
03. Electro Sun - On Air
04. Electro Sun & System Nipel - We Can Dance
05. Bizarre Contact - Run Away (Electro Sun Rmx)
06. Electro Sun - Floating Out
07. Electro Sun & Bizzare Contact - World Cup
08. Electro Sun & Visual Contact - Secret Sequence
09. Electro Sun - Crystallized

So here we go for Nadav's second, highly anticipated full album, with two previously released tracks, i already heard the first, second, fifth and seventh track before i got the release so not much new, but the first track is a smash hit anyway!!!(as is the second)
Starting off with a gentle intro for Double Trouble, this track keeps on building to a nice break followed by a great energetic climax! A Perfect opener with a very emo touch to it. Also very nice sample woven in the final climax build! Next is Facing The Future which was released on the VA - Overbeat plug n play Vol. 2 compilation of Com.Pact Records. This is one stomper of a track, a powerful groove with very nice riffs and structure, with once again a nice end climax, though a bit short. Then comes in something different. On Air is very Israeli sounding with gentle acoustic guitar sounds and slow build. Loose in structure, some electro touches not really in place but still nice track. Then there's that nice climax again, pretty good and layed back but still in hyper Electro Sun style as we all know it. We drift out and find ourselves in We Can Dance; nice guitars build up, pretty classic stuff, but never cheesy. Very emotional, soft, and lucid. Easy digestable track but still no bad feeling, au contraire!
Next is well-known hit Run Away by Bizzare Contact remixed by Nadav, the original was pretty much a hit and this remix proves it well! Best riffs are kept intact and some fun tweaks and nice changes have been made.
Floating Out is something i really dislike, the whole is too wobbly in the beginning and very cheesy riffs, simple structure. Thumb down.
World Cup then is with Didi, and it has that poppy edge to it sadly enough, still a nice break in the middle but then back for more cheese. bad shit.
From then on there's a quality drop as with Secret Sequence too much of the same dish is served, uninspiring cheap melods, again those overwobbly synths and irritating climaxes. uhhh...
last is a drum track with some vague samples through it, nice effort though, but nothing that'll stick, Crystallized takes last place as an empty space filler.

First half is really nice but it fails to deliver as 'full' album as 2 of those 5 tracks were previously released.

5.5/10 for the smashing few in the beginning combined with the total turn-off in the second half!

first, second, third and fifth track the are best. (and the only ones really worth listening to me)

• 4 weeks later...

I pretty like this release, better than the first electro sun, it's pure crazy histeric isra psy trance, with childish touch as espected ... but it's not bad, the second half is good lol, and i like very much Secret Sequence and Floating Out, i am surprised to see the bad review about it, and to listen this good result.

The stupid vocal often ruins the track, and the bizarre contact was not necessary, but

if you like isra stuff very trance and histeric ... try this :)

I pretty like this release, better than the first electro sun, it's pure crazy histeric isra psy trance, with childish touch as espected ... but it's not bad, the second half is good lol, and i like very much Secret Sequence and Floating Out, i am surprised to see the bad review about it, and to listen this good result.

The stupid vocal often ruins the track, and the bizarre contact was not necessary, but

if you like isra stuff very trance and histeric ... try this :)

Thank you! Nice to see someone else support this.

Is there any other Isra releases you like from this year? Ive got a few to listen to but so far:

"Ziki - Eliminator" & "Cosmic Tone - In Action Remixes" are pretty good stuff.

The Electro Sun style is really close to Melicia one, and for advice, i am not so much on isra full on, but you can try Melicia - Play My Mind, wich is not bad.. and the best in style is Sesto Sento - Come in Peace or Vibe Tribe - Wize Crack

The Electro Sun style is really close to Melicia one, and for advice, i am not so much on isra full on, but you can try Melicia - Play My Mind, wich is not bad.. and the best in style is Sesto Sento - Come in Peace or Vibe Tribe - Wize Crack

No use trying those, I already have them =P

Thats the exact type of stuff Im talking about though.

Best to Vibe Tribe? Yes! One of my favourites =)

• 2 months later...
Electro Sun & Visual Contact - Secret Sequence is now one of the définition FOR ME of what can be the crazyness with a isra full on , on a dance floor. The detail of the sound (liquid and fluid side) is really made to happen it hysteric ... ok the rythmic element are often the same, and the whole can give a headhacke, but sometimes ... for trip and fun, it's perfect !!