VA - Mythical Vortex

Spindrift

New on the ResonantEarth website:

We have added the possiblity for you to purchase compilations at a reduced price including artwork.

First out is "Mythical Vortex" that brings together the finest night tracks from the artists on ResonantEarth.

You will find it by clicking the new "releases" button on the site.

Posted Image

Tracklisting:

01 - the maximizers - no parking

02 - spindrift - dithered

03 - ghreg on earth - tellurian halo

04 - spindrift - neurotronic

05 - datakult - hoax box

06 - spindrift - dig it

07 - datakult - punisher

08 - spindrift - flex

09 - datakult - demon sect

10 - hooga booga - rec23

Enjoy!

I love every single track on this compilation.

Tellurian halo,hoax box and flex are my favourites.

A must for all those into psychedelic night sounds.

Good going guys. B)

What is the style ?

Just go to www.resonantearth.com and find out :)

It's possible to listen to the whole release there.

How bout' a cd release???

Thats not being planned.

If I would release on CD it would take up a lot more of my time, and I would need to invest money in printing, dealing with tax stuff etc.

In the end i would just be able to get in what it cost if all goes well.

People would have two pay about double for the compilation, to get it on a wasteful CD wich get corrupted with time and wear, so they have to back it up to their computer anyway.

I would be able to give about 10% to the artists per sold copy compared to what i can give now.

Two new tracks on the site in the site last couple of days that you want to check out :)

Hooga Booga - Psychedelix

Kicking track and a bit new style from him.

Very psychedelic and wild sounding night track.

Spindrift - Mission From God

Well...my latest track finished just now...what can i say.

Make up your minds about what you think.

Crazy and intense.

Download now and enjoy folks :)

Fair enough. Wouldn't mind a Spindrift or Resonant Earth cd in the ol' album collection though.

The idea is of course that you download and print and burn one if you like that. ;)

But, all collectors i've been speaking to though do not like CDR. :(

Ok...I never been a dedicated CD collector, and just grab them and store away the CD somewhere, so obviously i lack understanding from the feelings the CD's them self bring to some

It would be interesting to know though what is the actual reason people think it's a problem with CDR.

I had some quality CDR that lasted many years, and if it's ruined you can always burn a new one.

Some apogee gold CD's i burned more than 5yrs ago is still fine anyway, which is not the case with most factory prints i have a few years old.

There is of course lousy print CD's and lousy CDR's, but if i burn it myself i have the choice to use good quality.

If you buy "ready-made" :) on the other hand you don't really know really.

I see your point Spindrift, however you might not consider that there are still people (including me) who only have an analog modem. You probably know what that means, I mean fuck, I just don´t want to spend the whole day in front of my PC. So perhaps you want to add an extra option, where people can order a CDR with the tracks they would like to have. Of course they would have to pay a bit more for that. I can´t speak for all the others but I surely would appreciate such an option. Needless to say that this would be bit of extrawork for you (depends on the number of orders) so it´s up to you to decide if you have the time to do it. Just my 2 cents to the whole story... :)

@lumpi

I have been considering that, but i do go travelling sometimes and it becomes difficult to provide a reliable CD ordering service on the site because of that.

Also I live in the midlle of the forest, which of course make it extra awkward.

But if you really want one I can arrange it for the normal price of a CD.

Also, according to the licensing, if you can get a friend with a decent connection to buy a download it's allowed for him to make copies if he like for you.

@lysergic

If you go to the frontpage and scroll down there is a very basic html version of the site, but at least you can download the tracks from that page.

I see your point Spindrift, however you might not consider that there are still people (including me) who only have an analog modem. You probably know what that means, I mean fuck, I just don´t want to spend the whole day in front of my PC.

203424[/snapback]

So why not leave it downloading when you go to bed and by the time you wake up it will be ready? Even with a modem you would get it 10 times faster than ordering a CD via mail.

You have a point here Redeemer but you see my connection is not very stable, it wouldn´t be the first time that the modem simply stops to receive or send data, so in the morning I would wake up just to see that everything is more or less the same like how I left it when I went to bed. That would really piss me off, because I would have to pay the time I´ve been online anyway.

@lumpi

You could try a download manger like getRight (it was years ago since i used it myself, maybe there is other better ones now).

They can be quite ok and manage to get the files down ok and reconnect if connection is lost and close down when dl is complete..

Sometimes they might fail, but a lot of the time they work just as they should.