Artist: Gaiana

Title: Blue EP

Label: Blue Hour Sounds

Date: August, 2010

1. Earth Prayer

2. Guardian Spirits

3. Colours of Life

4. Lunar Landing

Continuing with the shiny happy people humping unicorns under the rainbow theme this is the first installment of the full spectrum EP's, where each color inspired the artist. This is Gido and Bluestorm and their EP is a gentle reminder for people to reconnect with the natural beauty which we are all a part of as well as to infuse the music with Lithuanian energy. Hippies. Go peddle your pot somewhere else. Nah, I'm just kidding. I love pot. Well, I used to, before I got married, had a son and had to grow up. My political compass still believes is shouldn't be a crime to have some for personal use.

Lithuanian energy? I was looking at some pictures of the countryside and it really seems beautiful. Then I came across these:

Posted Image

Holy crap she is hot. I would need a f*cking stepladder to shave those legs.

Posted Image

Triplets? That's like the holy grail...you know it's out there, but you'll never find it.

Note to self...Must.Change.Nationality.

Earth Prayer- It's gutteral, primal, and very organic. Deep bass sounds join effects to create a nice balance of highs and lows. The bass says I'm gonna f*ck you up, but the highs say everything will be all right. The sound is thick and detailed with a whole lot happening. The leads echo and bounce off all surfaces giving it space, and allows for a wonderful trip. Very Temple of One psychedelic if you know what I mean.

Guardian Spirits- Twinkling sounds and chopped up synths patter like raindrops on a window while the bass churns away. With the combination of sounds, it seems alive but at 10 minutes it's a long track and sometimes my mind wanders. I mean the last 4 minutes was basically the same thing.

Colours of Life- I have a question. I know that colour is the British spelling, but Psynews is telling me that it is misspelled. Does that happen to you Europeans? Just a thought. With that deep bass and creepy effects, I think I made a wrong turn into the pixie forest. Clicks and long sweeps fly by only to flit away again. This would've been the perfect time to sneak a goa melody in there. Alas, that didn't happen, but this was very earthy kind of business. Good, but could use a little more variation.

Lunar Landing- Obligatory mission control sounds are here and while there are some cool synths with loads of reverb and echo, it still sounds thin. Heard it before, there ain't nothing to separate it from the rest of the bunch.

No question so far as to the best EP in my eyes. It ends and begins with Ianauria's Orange and then Blue and Indigo are tied. I haven't heard the other two yet. What you have here is great effects, some cool sounds and the same bass line. It needs some more spice. They layer nicely, but it does need more meat in the sandwich to take this from Subway to that deli over on West 57th. I have never seen pastrami piled so high and there was still an old guy that was screaming about the portions. Hey Matlock, that sandwich weighs more than you!

Juno Download

Beatport

Mdk

• 7 months later...