Reason 2.5 Bassline Problems

Guest goner

Guest goner

Hallo everyone,

I have only one question for you all...

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A DESCENT BASSLINE IN REASON 2.5

I am rather good in using all of the other equipment this software has..

Dr rex,redrum,effects,reverb the nntx sampler..everything is going very smoothly....

Please if someone has knowledge concerning the bass line using Matrix pattern sequencer i would be gratefull if u share it...

Which note to use???

Even sketch a diagram for me.....

I am dying out here....

Peace and Love to u all:)

Keep on trancing!!!!

I went through the same problem when I started to use the software.You have to learn one and only thing:Use your ears.That is my advice.

Blix

Guest miKeLogic303

OK you are in luck.

There is a tutorial on how to do bass lines in this months Sound on Sound. If you cannot get the printed copy, you can subscribe (www.soundonsound.com I think).

Good luck,

miKeLogic303

PS: It's always square waves. Do you hear me! SQUARE WAVES!!!

Guest goner

Thank God this forum is for helping people enjoying one thing they love most:MUSIC..

Personally i dont care about you (mars)..

maybe u know everything about software and music....u maybe be better in learning new stuff more easily ..but believe my friend with these words u wrote the other day U ARE THE LOOSER......

Find your peace and give others a chance

PeaCe

well i used to use reason 1.0 so i don't really know about 2.5 but from experience it is hard to get a good bass sound out of reason...

i would say get some plug-ins in cubase or logic...

otherwise try using square waves as mentionned earlier, and Eq is really important. Low pass filter, low resonance, short attack, medium decay, small sustain and short release...

but the Eq is what really counts imo, with the source of the sound...

try cutting frequencies between 250 and 800-1000, i mean these are just guidelines, experiment, different bass sounds require different settings...

ben

• 4 weeks later...

well i used to use reason 1.0 so i don't really know about 2.5 but from experience it is hard to get a good bass sound out of reason...

i would say get some plug-ins in cubase or logic...

otherwise try using square waves as mentionned earlier, and Eq is really important. Low pass filter, low resonance, short attack, medium decay, small sustain and short release...

but the Eq is what really counts imo, with the source of the sound...

try cutting frequencies between 250 and 800-1000, i mean these are just guidelines, experiment, different bass sounds require different settings...

ben

76886[/snapback]

I don't want to sound cocky, but psybasslines should be made with saws and not with squares in general. You can use both oscillators, but I have never heard a bassline with just two squares....

weird. :blink: i find the subtractor to be one of the best softsynths to do basses, except the virus poco plugin which is truly amazing. :D just init patch, pull down the freq cutoff a bit (around 40-50), low res and lp filter and turn the keyb track knob all the way up. osc1 on full vol and down one octave. might need to adjust the velocity flt. env too and filter env too. then add a comp (some nice settings for bass.. ratio to 4:1 treshold on medium, a very fast attack and medium release. these are only guidelines though, and depends on the character of the sound you are compressing. now turn up the volume and listen to how fat this sounds! :lol: important things to remember as mentioned above ..eq, eq, eq, eq, eq, eq, eq!!! short attack, medium decay, no sustain and short release. good luck... ;)

weird. :blink: i find the subtractor to be one of the best softsynths to do basses, except the virus poco plugin which is truly amazing. :D just init patch, pull down the freq cutoff a bit (around 40-50), low res and lp filter and turn the keyb track knob all the way up. osc1 on full vol and down one octave. might need to adjust the velocity flt. env too and filter env too. then add a comp (some nice settings for bass.. ratio to 4:1 treshold on medium, a very fast attack and medium release. these are only guidelines though, and depends on the character of the sound you are compressing. now turn up the volume and listen to how fat this sounds! :lol: important things to remember as mentioned above ..eq, eq, eq, eq, eq, eq, eq!!! short attack, medium decay, no sustain and short release. good luck... ;)

197052[/snapback]

I can do nice sounding basslines with Reason's subtractor, but it's nothing like the patches I'm able to pull on my Virus B....

If you know how to work the Subtractor you need little eq...