Etnica's Chrome VS Nitrox

i'm an etnica fan from the begining and i prefer Chrome. it's more psychoïd, it has more madness. yet i likes very much small doses on nitrox. actually i'm dreaming of seeing them returning to their old full on sounds....

to tbe : tibo tu te poses pas mal de questions philosophiques qd même...

Guest --==MileS==--

More Nitrox as the ambient trax are very convincing and the other stuff imo is what we have been hearing for 2 years now...technotrance or technoshit as Etnica calls it themselves...

Hard question... for now... cause I heard Chrome about 7X know at medium soundquality MP3... and I'm convincided that it requires Cd quality sound to compare the 2 accurate. These sounds need to be heard pure! I'll buy it asap! :)

now... Chrome is in one way like I had expected:

very sophisticated and detailed, superbly rhythmic, futuristic robots-like, extremely powerful, with well-placed voicesamples...... etc...

High-hats, cimbals, kicks.... are similar to Robot Rebellion and Nitrox.

but on the other hand it surprised me massively:

some tracks are really dark (eg. Solaris, Black lava)

The whole album is innovative and extrEEEmely psychedelic (for me Robot Reb. and Nitrox were psychedelic, so...they really tortured my brains with this one here...in a good way i'm sure...) and at some point I think Max and Maurizio have been influenced by their Greek neighbours at Acidance recs. (eg. Are we safe? and Blasting!)

The hypnotic level has increased without a doubt.............wowwww....

and probably lots of stuff i haven't noticed will arrest my attention...

I must say I like ALL the tracks on Crome... ALL of them... (may sound like i'm obsessed by Etnica...maybe true :)

I hated one track on Nitrox : Technoshit

.......so I made up my mind: At this moment I prefer CHROME !!!

:)

about the devolopement of their sound?!

They're doing great!

They made tunns of beautifull melodic tracks... if I feel like hearing that side of Etnica, I take out IFO, FOL, Alien Protein, The juggling Alchemists, enough stuff to choose from imo!!!

If I want to hear fresh and crazy stuff that is just as good, I play Equator, Nitrox, Chrome...

FRESH...RENEWING...=CHANGE... i love it!!!

...Why is it that people are so afraid of it?

...What is it about it that scares them soo deeply?

;)

Yeah, if any act can claim to have paid their

"full on" dues, it's Etnica/Pleiadians.

Gotta love Headspin, Boarding Pass To Balagan,

Z-Plane Sunrise, Vibra...

I only like "Alph-beta" in Chrome album...other tracks are..not my taste.

To mars : C'est que je suis très décu par Etnica ces temps ci..j'ai du mal à me dire que ce sont les mêmes qui ont sorti des bombes comme IFO ou Family of light par exemple.... :-)

Guest jaminben

je suis pas certain... , mais comme perso j'écoute de la trance depuis 10 ans

maintenant ( 92 ) , je trouve que c'est bien qu'il y ai du changement de temps en temps . ils ne vont pas faire la méme chose toute leur vie ... bien que tous leur album soit différents ! je suis prés a parier que 1 des 2 prochains sera vraiment

trance psychédélic ...a part qu'il est complétement abandoné ce genre...c'est un peu comme the delta , je suis pas du tout sur

que le prochain cd soit aussi techno ...par contre je n'ai pas encore ecouter

Chrome mais je trouve que nitrox est vulgairement une bombe .

i'm not against a development...I do like new X-dream/detla stuff as I was liking old stuff....

But with Etnica I felt a little bit a lack of inspiration...I think Nitrox as better than Chrome.

Guest trancer

hard question..i will buy the chrome album soon..but i must say that the ambient tracks on Nitrox is wonderfull..small doses and robot rebellion live is also great..I like both..I LOVE ETNICA!!

Guest --==Miles==--

If you are that desperate for Etnica ambient be sure to check out the wonderful "Macao Cafe" also on Solstice, a far more fresh and innovative album than the overdosed -techtrance- on Chrome imo...

I read somewhere in an interview with Etnica, where they said that future Etnica releases would be more techno style and future Pleidians releases would be more like psychedelic trance.

But when was the last pleidians track released? a long time ago...so maybe there is something in the pipeline.