Do you like ya psy mixed or unmixed?

Me, I am a huge fan of mixed cd's, but I also enjoy collecting the full lenght traxx as well :-) The mixed cds for me are the best for one reason, the story that htey tell. I know each track terlss its own story, but each mix takes you the next step further to a journey :-) My fav mixes are:

1. Distance To Goa 8 - Joti Sidhu

2. Distance To Goa 4- Dino Psaras (?)

3. Re:Evolution 1 - The James Munro mix kixx ass

4. Astral Projection In The Mix - The sunrise cd

5. Spiritual Trance Vo. 2 - The (IN)Famous Goa Gil

Guest [tom jaimz]

I like mix CDs, but I don't go out of my way to buy them especially, which is why it's cool when you get a CD release that comes with all the tracks unmixed and all the same tracks mixed. I hate to get a CD of mixed tracks when the tracks aren't available anywhere else - as a DJ, that's just frustrating.

Probably my favourite psytrance mixes would be Trancentral 4 [mixed by Tsuyoshi Suzuki] and Creative Trance [mixed by Tsuyoshi Suzuki and Sid Shanti]

Guest Phaedrus

I like both. I am a wannabe dj, so i need unmixed songs for me to mix, and 9 out of 10 times for home listening I prefer unmixed.

I really enjoy hearing a good dj mix at a party, and I like listening to mixed cds at home to get an idea of what constitutes professional level mixing and dj'ing skills.

Mixed of course , every track is a piece of a story , every mix is a story and we djs are the storytellers.

My favorites psy mixes are : Re evolution - cass and oakenfold - a voyage to trance

well... Of course it HAS to be mixed at a party, it would be annoying if not! ;)

at home I prefer unmixed psytrance... or if the beginning of a track is mixed at the end of the other track, that's ok to... cause I like to hear how the artsits start off and end their tracks... like to hear the full build-up, this is important to imo.

But I enjoy listening to the few mixes I have at home to... Distance to Goa 4... my favorite!

Guest lifeform

i dont know if this counts as being mixed... But i like it when the artist themselves make the transitions to the next song. That's the only way a mix is really gonna work, in my opinion.

Guest --==MileS==--

Unmixed...One thing I like about psy is that it sometimes almost follows the non-electronic music tradition. The emphasing of the artist effort, the relatively small role of the DJ, Live performances, full albums ea...

Having 8 or 9 unmixed trax on an album is kinda Psy tradition...

Both. I like it when the beginnings and ends of songs are mixed, so there is more of a flow but one can still individually hear the beginning and end parts of tracks. I really like it when artists put transitions between their tracks, as lifeform says, because it really gives flow to the album and melds it into a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. I like mixed CD's if the mixing is GOOD, but absolutely hate them if it is mediocre or bad. It also depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes I've just got to have the smooth journey, the storytelling of the mix, whereas at other times I don't mind sharp delineations between songs.

---Rudi