They are Ozric!!!

Guest Eshanti Brahman

For the last couples week, I have been hooked on Ozric Tentacles. Six months ago,I got "Pteranodon" rmx by Hallucinogen. Ok,I liked alot. But I thought that

Ozric was really kinda Shpongled Raja-flute/dub rip off. How wrong I was!!!!

These guys started out in 82 and have made wonderful psychedelic rock which I just love. They mix in some metal,funk,progressive,jazz,dub,reagge and have the most beautiful ethnic tribal melodies provided by the wonderful fluteplaying. Actually, now I have "Floating seeds" rmx cd,"The Hidden Step","Jurassic Shift" and "Live Underslunky". And my conlusion is that music is great, especially for me who happens to be a bassplayer in a rock band while still loving the psychedelic scene so much. The fluteplaying is incredible,some of it is tearjerking and could fit perfectly on any Shpongle/Eclipse/ambient cd. And they are pure freaks!!! Crazy guys but I love their attitude, they are true psychedelic knights. From listening to Simon Posford and his projects the last years (Celtic Cross,Shpongle.Dub Trees) ,I strongly feel the presence of Ozric-influence on his songs.

Everybody who wants to broaden their psychedelic horizon,should listen to this.

This is true music (Did you hear that Yahel????)

Guest Elysium Project

You should also check out their "Arborescence" and "Strangeitude" ...pure masterpieces!

And for the more electronic approach...any eat Static CD.....(2 of the members of Ozric).

Guest Mindbender

EP, excuse me, but I'd like to get this straight and maybe you know better, but I thought that the 2 guys LEFT Ozric to concentrate on Eat Static ??

Lauri

Guest Full Lotus

Mindbender, they did leave a few years ago, but are still friends with the rest of them, and often play on the same bill...btw, check out the albums Erpland and Pungent Effulgent as well....If you liked the Ozrics, also check out the Magic Mushroom Band(Some members of which formed Astralasia) and also Gong(The Flying Teapot trilogy)...If you want some more psychedelic rock recommendations, then let me know.....

Guest Elysium Project

yes you are right mindbender but as Full Lotus correctly said they still play with Ozric live and I have also heard a bird sing about a new Ozric CD with all the old members so you never know :-).

I discovered Ozric Tentacles in the early 90s thx to MTV 120-Minutes (ehhh where are these good old days when there was actually something good on MTV). It was a video for the last track from Jurassic Shift (can't recall the name now). I fell in love. Since then I've had a chance to listen to a couple of albums and they never failed me. I discovered trance much later, but I must say that Ozric in a way "prepared me" for fallin in love with trance which now is in my blood (I barely listen to anything else anymore, it was never like that with any other style in the past!)...

Guest Zaraknon

It's truly astonishing that the Ozrics already started making this excellent fusion of rock, psychedelic, dub, metal, reggae, ethnic etc. in the early 80's. And the great thing is that they kept true to their style ever since but every track by them somehow sounds unique. And all of it sound so beautiful, magical, PERFECT, yeah!! I'm really thinking about collecting everything they have ever released, right now I own their 3 latest releases (Waterfall Cities('99), The Hidden Step ('00) & Pyramidion('01)) and will soon get Pungent Effulgent ('89) and Jurassic Shift ('93) as well.

I thoroughly recommend their music to everyone here, you won't be disappointed with it :)

Yeah the Ozrics are magical. I think the Ozrics has been the source of inspiration for many psytrance artists like Simon Posford way back in the 80's. I discovered them some five years ago years ago when I went through my friends vinyl collection of psychadelic rock, he had many of their albums. Thanks for the tip Full Lotus, I'm always interested in recommendation for psychadelic rock music.

Are the Ozrics playing in Belgium? Damn...where?