rocording from t.v.

ok i want to record some samples off a video i have. but my t.v. and vcr are no where near my comp.

whats the best way to get this done? am i gonna have to get a long ass mic cord and just bring it over to the tv? what a pain in the ass that would be.

if i record it on a tape from the tv and play it into the mic on the comp. from a portable tape player its gonna sound like crap....no?

Guest DeeperNETWERK

Well, if you got RCA cables and hook em up to your I/O on the VCR, buy some RCA to 1/4' converters, and plug it straight in to your souncard. That's the easiest way it can be done.

Guest spiralix

If you have a minidisc or dat recorder it wouldnt be a problem,

MD soesnt sound great but the tv sound isnt either..

so ask someone that you know has a minidisc and borrow it for a couple of days and record to it, and then record from the MD to your computor..

or, move the tv and vcr! :)

Doesn't your video have audio outputs? Mine has Phono. Do you have Scart connectors in that plastic country of yours? Scart also has audio in/out and so you'd just need to get the video closer to the computer or vice versa. You could use a portable recorder as the guy above me suggested. You could use a microcassette or minidisc. If yo video has audio out then simply connect it directly to the recording device!