SYNTHS FOR PSY MUSIC

schism,

its not the synths fault people are too lazy to take a little time to create some original sounds.

and theres a reason everyone has it....it kicks ass.

anyways to answer the question...

yes a virus.

waldorf xt

and i guess poeple like nord lead and novation supernova....but i dont.

The Waldorf Q seems to have a bit more intricate Modulation matrix than others. If money was not an object I would get this one like right now, all the synth I need I think.

Does the Nord Lead even have a mod matrix?

Oh yeah those are not the only synths either.

I take it you want a hardware (as hardware as they get nowadays anyway) synth since these are the ones you mentioned?

Oberheim OB12

Korg MS2000

Access Virus

Alesis Andromeda A6

Clavia Nordlead

Novation Supernova etc. (The KS-4 and KS-5 and K and A station are a bit limited, but you could still make psytrance with them)

Hartmann Neuron could probably be used though, I would like to try one out a bit, get a grip on what it's about and how it sounds and all.

Waldorf XT and Q

Those are the ones I've seen being sold in stores, the of course there are older ones you can buy second-hand.

Oh yeah then there is loads of romplers that u could probably make psy with too, hell I bet you could even make a psytrance song with a groovebox, or was that stretching it a bit :).

doesn't matter, no matter how many parameters u change, the filters will always sound like shit.

who said i had any gear? i can call synths shit without owning gear.

why have a nordmodular or have a norlead?

in the modular you can create your own synth also there is a patch that configure yourmodular as the nordlead 2

the best is the nord 3 but very expensive

anyone that thinks a virus is crap clearly know shit! the filters might be a bit gay, but if you want to sound like most trance act and just tweak filters then its not the machine for you but phat arp, good routing options and if that not enough record it to audio and add loads of effect......

Guest spiralix

It's a pretty funny question to begin with! What synth is good for psytrance..

Any synth is good for psytrance! As long as you can controll it its a good synth.. I think most of named above are really good synths! But if you want a really wobbly and funky sound commming out of the machine it "has" to be a nord lead or analog... Those are the synths with real tweakability! Just sweap that nord lead filter and you will notice what power it has!

It sounds very close to analogue...

But i could also recommend mono/poly... or other real analogs.

I have a supernova.. And i can get som really wicked sunds out of it.. and todays "Analog modeling synths" are much the same... apart from the quality of sound.. and interface.. and by those the winner is nord lead (1, 2 or 3...) Tho they have no built in FX witch can be borring if you dont have any external effects units...

and blah blah blaah bla bla bl blaaa.....

Guest dE-fECT

for psy trance all that you need is good ideés and an twisted mind. =)

whooo hahaha,....

”The happy chaos out of witch enlightment might come”

S.P.

Guest dE-fECT

whooo hahaha,....

S.P.

Guest dE-fECT

whooo hahaha,....

S.P.

Guest dE-fECT

whooo hahaha,....

S.P.

Guest schism

te u never said what kind of psy u wanna make. if you're wanting hallucinogen or green nuns get a 101 or similar sh series, a 303 clone, maybe a korg ms or something alone those lines.

if you want to make proggy psy or psytek then a va would b good for those cheap plastic sounds.

but i'd suggest that u just get some good, cheap analogue monosynths ($300-700), a decent effects box or two and warp your mind. psy music can b made with the simplest of gear, u don't need a crappy virus, nord, waldorf nor andromeda.

Guest The Dark Continuum

Dont get to hard on the boy schism :) Not everybody can afford your modular studio!

You can always buy better gear later, now just buy a synth that you like playing (if youve tested it), and that sounds pretty good, but preferably not to expensive...

Guest Mike Dwyer

I ctually have spent the last few days in a shop for a few hours each day playing with the Novation K Station and am loving it. It makes nice sounds, you can do a fair bit with and it isn't as much as the absolute high end. I think I'll probably get it within the next 3 months. I think seeing as I do not yet how serious I am, getting this for now with the Novation drum rack is gonna be enough to ekeep me busy. I can, as said above, always buy FX units to add on to it. I figure if I love this, when I feel experienced enough I can progress up tow the other Novation keyboard I played with, the Supernova II but is way out of my price budget for now. Just remeber, it'd be such a shame to buy a bloody expensive piece of hardware only to find out you are not as serious as you thought. Start small, and then as you progress so will your gear :-)